Wake Up Printer

  • Ray Shapp
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2002
      Hi Group,

      About once or twice a month, my printer becomes invisible to NoteTab. I solve
      the problem by rebooting the computer. It is a Brother Multifunction printer
      (model MFC 7000) which is always connected to a phone line for faxes and for
      use as an answering machine, therefore, it doesn't have an On/Off power
      switch.

      The invisibility doesn't seem to be related to any in- or out-going phone
      calls or FAXes. I do have Brother's latest driver for the printer.

      I have discovered this malfunction only when attempting to print from NTP,
      however, when I discover the problem, I am then unable to print from any other
      application.

      I'm running NTP v4.91 on a Win98 PC.

      Can anyone suggest another less disruptive way to wake up the printer?

      Ray Shapp
      Watchung, NJ