Re: [NTB] notetab lite 4.91 and mouse wheels.

  • Richard Maria Haider
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 29, 2002
      > I can't seem to get my mouse wheel to work with notetab at all. I have a
      standard USB mouse and it works under all other programs.

      > Is there anyway to work around this? Working on a large html file or txt
      file is horrible without it.

      Hi 4313

      I have the same problem if Tools->UltimaShell is activated.
      Deactivating UltimaShell makes my mouse wheel working.

      Richard
    • 4313
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 29, 2002
        Ok, I went and downloaded Ultimashell and then disabled it. My mouse is still not working, could their be another reason?

        Thanks in Advance.
        > I can't seem to get my mouse wheel to work with notetab at all. I have a
        standard USB mouse and it works under all other programs.
        <snip>
        Hi 4313

        I have the same problem if Tools->UltimaShell is activated.
        Deactivating UltimaShell makes my mouse wheel working.

        Richard

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Brian Binder
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 29, 2002
          I never saw the beginning of this post...

          What mouse are you using?

          Brian

          Ok, I went and downloaded Ultimashell and then disabled it. My mouse is
          still not working, could their be another reason?

          Thanks in Advance.
          > I can't seem to get my mouse wheel to work with notetab at all. I
          have a
          standard USB mouse and it works under all other programs.
          <snip>
          Hi 4313

          I have the same problem if Tools->UltimaShell is activated.
          Deactivating UltimaShell makes my mouse wheel working.

          Richard

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • Ray Shapp
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 29, 2002
            Hi 4313,

            May I call you 4?

            I had similar problems with a wheel Logitech mouse until I downloaded an
            up-to-date driver. I've had even better success since I replaced that
            mechanical mouse with a new Logitech optical mouse (only about $25).

            HTH,

            Ray Shapp
            Watchung, NJ
          • 4313
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 29, 2002
              Ray:

              Thank you for the quick response. I was hoping to find base drivers for the Logitech optical wheel mouse I had, but to no avail. I am running the most current mouse ware and notetab now recognises the wheel.

              Thanks for the help.

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 30, 2002
                Hi Richard, 4, and Others,

                In order for all scrolling windows in NoteTab to work with a
                wheel mouse you need to have the mouse extension software
                running. Point32 and EM EXEC_EXE: MS and Logitech respectively.
                Open your Task Manager. (I use Ctrl+Alt+Del in XP.) See if you
                have the aforementioned running. If not, you need to activate it
                so it does running. For Logitech, try the install folder. I
                don't know how to do MS. My guess is if you reinstall the
                software that the extension software will start running
                automatically until you turn it off by option. The Logitech
                mouse icon can be hidden from the tray by right clicking over it.

                If you really search around you will find other windows not
                scrolling. I believe any of the .hlp files do not scroll with
                the wheel unless the extension software is running.