Re: [NTB] HELP -- Restoring Validation and are the tags there?

  • Rosemary Culley
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 13, 2002
      No, she isn't!

      In message <001d01c28b38$1c9a9f40$580810ac@DC61JUDPASSEN>, Don Passenger
      <dpasseng@...> writes
      >Is she talking about html tidy?

      Rosemary Culley
    • Rosemary Culley
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 13, 2002
        Very, very many thanks for your kindness!

        Sounds as if it will be fun to use after all.

        Best wishes

        In message <4.3.2.7.2.20021113210535.03109a18@...>, loro
        <loro@...> writes
        >Hi Rosemary,
        >
        >Sorry, can't answer your main question about CSE but someone that uses it
        >soon will. ;-)
        >
        >>The reason I would like the HTML characters,
        >
        >You can replace *some* characters automatically from the "Modify" menu.
        >Take a look at "Characters to HTML". There are also a couple of Clipbook
        >libraries available from here:
        >http://www.notetab.com/html.htm#Special
        >
        >If they don't cover your needs you can easily extend them or create your
        >own from scratch. The Clip language isn't totally easy if you aren't a
        >programmer but the part that involves simple things like pasting a snip of
        >text into the document is and it's fun to make your own little utilities.
        >
        >>I can look that up, but the book is not near the computer, and there are
        >>usually a couple of dogs between me
        >>and it which makes it quite a performance!!
        >
        >Download the HTML 4.0 Reference in windows help format from here and you
        >will never have to disturb your dogs again.
        >http://www.htmlhelp.com/distribution/
        >
        >>Notetab seems to have a lot to offer. Have you tried anything else or
        >>do you just use it? I use Textpad32 and was just interested in Notetab
        >>to see if it offered anything textpad didn't, to make things easier.
        >
        >I've tried TextPad even if it was long ago now. I liked it but NoteTab is
        >my choice for most things because it's more customizable than anything else
        >I've seen.
        >
        >>But I have lost the paragraph and other useful html details, <BR> etc.
        >>which were on the toolbar....
        >
        >They are just hiding. Try "View | Clipbar". Once you have a Clipbar open
        >you can right-click on it to choose another.
        >"Clipbar" is what we call that second button bar. And you can make your own
        >too. :-)
        >
        >Hope you will like Notetab
        >Lotta
        >

        >Lotta

        Rosemary Culley, Hon. Sec. The Alliance of Literary Societies.
        Webpage: www.sndc.demon.co.uk
      • Julie
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 13, 2002
          Hi Rosemary,

          >When I downloaded Notetab there was a validation entry. I then
          >uploaded the validate program from 3.00 to 3.05 and the facility to
          >validate from Notetab vanished. Please how can I restore it?

          I *think* you're talking about CSE HTML Validator? According to information @
          http://www.notetab.net/html/tpp-readthis.htm
          this is a third party product that can be used in conjunction with Notetab,
          *but* there is now a freeware version that does not work with NoteTab.
          Possibly you updated the shareware version with the freeware version?

          Here's the info from the above page:

          To ensure that you write syntactically correct HTML, nothing beats the
          powerful CSE HTML Validator. There is a freeware version on the CD does not
          work from NoteTab. The Pro version of this program works seamlessly from
          NoteTab. There is a freeware and shareware version on this CD.

          Julie
        • Rosemary Culley
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 13, 2002
            Hi,

            Many thanks. How sad it won't work with NoteTab. However, it works
            fine without, and it just means you have to switch tasks in the taskbar
            at the foot of the windows screen, rather than at the top of the Notetab
            screen....

            No very big problem except that you have to hunt around to find the
            prog:-)

            In message <5.1.0.14.2.20021113184838.00a08bb0@...>,
            Julie <jlg61@...> writes
            >Hi Rosemary,
            >
            >>When I downloaded Notetab there was a validation entry. I then
            >>uploaded the validate program from 3.00 to 3.05 and the facility to
            >>validate from Notetab vanished. Please how can I restore it?
            >
            >I *think* you're talking about CSE HTML Validator? According to information @
            >http://www.notetab.net/html/tpp-readthis.htm
            >this is a third party product that can be used in conjunction with Notetab,
            >*but* there is now a freeware version that does not work with NoteTab.
            >Possibly you updated the shareware version with the freeware version?
            >
            >Here's the info from the above page:
            >
            >To ensure that you write syntactically correct HTML, nothing beats the
            >powerful CSE HTML Validator. There is a freeware version on the CD does not
            >work from NoteTab. The Pro version of this program works seamlessly from
            >NoteTab. There is a freeware and shareware version on this CD.
            >
            >Julie

            Rosemary Culley
          • Julie
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 14, 2002
              Hi Rosemary,

              >Many thanks. How sad it won't work with NoteTab. However, it works
              >fine without, and it just means you have to switch tasks in the taskbar
              >at the foot of the windows screen, rather than at the top of the Notetab
              >screen....

              If you installed the program to the default location you can use the
              following one line clip to open the focused HTML file open in Notetab in
              CSE HTML Validator Lite, and in NoteTab Pro or NoteTab Std you can add this
              clip to a clipbar for a quick click:

              H="CSE Validator"
              ^!"C:\Program Files\HTMLValidatorLite35\cselite35.exe" ^**

              Please direct any questions specifically relating to HTML to the HTML list
              Subscribe: ntb-html-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
              Send mail to the list: ntb-html@yahoogroups.com
              and any clip questions about the clip to the clip list
              Subscribe: Ntb-Clips-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
              Send mail to the list: Ntb-Clips@yahoogroups.com

              Julie