Re: [NTB] List Moderators

  • JSB
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 9, 2002
      Jim and hrs,

      A note of clarity.

      In my editor when I wrote the html I did so in such a way as to specify that an image was indeed in the <dir>images and named the particular gif image.

      Now whether I have the html page in the parent <dir> or in the image <dir> when I execute a browser integration I see the web site but no images,

      I seem to have a miscue but I can't see the forest for the trees!

      Anything come to your minds?

      Kind regards,
      Joe

    • Mark Winslow
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 9, 2002
        Since your various messages have nothing to do with
        List Moderators, or NT basics, please take them to the
        HTML list or, at least, change the subject line so
        those of us without interest in your discourse can
        delete them without viewing them.
        TIA

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 9, 2002
          Many apologies!

          JSB

        • Jim Hall
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 9, 2002
            Joe,

            At 12:18 PM 11/9/2002 -0800, you wrote:
            >Jim and hrs,
            >
            >A note of clarity.
            >
            >In my editor when I wrote the html I did so in such a way as to specify that an image was indeed in the <dir>images and named the particular gif image.
            >
            >Now whether I have the html page in the parent <dir> or in the image <dir> when I execute a browser integration I see the web site but no images,
            >
            >I seem to have a miscue but I can't see the forest for the trees!
            >
            >Anything come to your minds?

            A couple of things come to mind.

            1. Are you transferring the image files as ascii or binary? Transfer the image files as binary files and the HTML documents as ascii. If your FTP client has an auto option read up on how it actually works when it is selected.

            2. Just to be safe, make sure you use ALL lower case for the paths and image file names and for the links in your HTML document.

            3. Don't use any spaces in the image file names. If you want a separator use an underscore.

            There are situations where these may not apply or be necessary but the times/places where they are not will come to you as you gain more experience with your host and how they have set up the server and your site.

            Regards,

            Jim
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 14, 2002
              Hi Julie, Cindy, and Others,

              > ROFLMAO!!!! Oh Jody!!!!! He had the names right, but he
              > twisted up the email addresses. Julie is at mindspring and I'm
              > at ctol.

              Thanks for doing the lists while I was away. You know how my
              errors really increase when I'm in a rush. I type/do w/o
              thinking. I practically have both your eMail addresses memorized
              and can put the correct name on them at least 2 out of 3 times
              correctly. <g> I'll be doing a lot of "catch up" mail and hope to
              get to list mail tomorrow. Thanks again everybody.

              >That would be
              >
              >Julie:
              >mailto:jlg61@...
              >
              >Cindy:
              >mailto:cas@...

            • Gossie
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 14, 2002
                Well, hey, it's ok, we love you anyway!!! ;-)