Re: [NTB] Sound on a web site

  • Richard Didcock
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 5, 2002
      the best is midi,as a wave is much bigger and takes longer to load ,plus you
      also get lag if it is playing.
      From Mr Richard The Dickieaus
      Have A Nice Day
      dickieaus@...
      http://home.iprimus.com.au/dickieaus
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 6, 2002
        Hi Greg,

        Yea well - you could have .kpl.

        Seriously though I was not planning on anything very long - about 10 / 15
        secs, similar to the opening noise of win 98 etc. It is planned only for the
        intro and I already have a "skip intro" button. I was hoping to avoid Real
        Player etc. I have discovered that midi files work great, only a few bytes
        (less than 1k) - IF your sound card has a synthesiser function, otherwise -
        problems!

        I think I'll leave that idea on the back burner for a while anyway -
        priorities!

        Thanks for the response.

        Chris Dart

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 6, 2002
          Hi All,

          >Subject: [NTB] Sound on a web site

          If you need to discuss the HTML/Sound more, please sign up for
          the HTML list. Please see my signature line to subscribe to it.
          TIA

          Happy HTML'n!

          Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options