Re: [NTB] dictionary not working

  • Al Guevara > Tucson WebDesign
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2002
      I was referring to the Spell option dialog box,
      not DIRS

      Thanks

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 4, 2002
        Hi Al,

        The following is about all I have on dictionaries and NoteTab in
        case you have not solved the problem yet...

        You need to properly install dictionaries before you can use the
        Spell Checker and thesaurus. The following is how to install and
        use the American English dictionaries and thesaurus. Download and
        install the following installation program by clicking on
        "dicts.exe" after downloading it. All the dictionaries and the
        thesaurus go into NoteTab's Dictionaries folder.

        Setup program with English dictionaries and thesaurus (size 1,394
        KB; updated 8 May 2000) http://www.notetab.com/ftp/dicts.exe

        The following files should be installed to NoteTab's Dictionaries
        folder:

        English.dct (..\NoteTab Pro\Dictionaries\English.dct)
        AmerAdd.dct (..\NoteTab Pro\Dictionaries\AmerAdd.dct)
        English.thr (..\NoteTab Pro\Dictionaries\English.thr)

        The end result in the Spell Checker configuration (View | Spell
        Checker Options...) window should be the following. Make sure the
        boxes are checked.

        Base English v2.01
        American Add-on v2.01

        To use the Spell Checker simply load a document and press the
        Spell Check button. To use the thesaurus simply press F12 or
        click on Tools | Thesaurus.

        If you still have problems, close NoteTab and delete Spell.cfg
        found in its main folder. Start NoteTab and run the Spell
        Checker. When you are asked to configure the Spell Checker, do so
        at that time.

        Please press Help in the Spell Checker at any time it is open for
        more details and/or also press Options in the same dialog to set
        some options. You may also get to the same information from View
        | Spell Checker Options...

        Installing other dictionaries will be similar although they come
        in a compressed zip file. Additional dictionaries are located at
        our dictionaries page and do not have an installation program.
        Extract them into the Dictionaries folder and use the Add button
        in View | Spell-checker Options... to get them configured.

        http://www.notetab.com/dictionaries.htm