Re: [NTB] dictionary not working

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2002
      > Al Guevara Tucson WebDesign wrote:
      >
      > Hi Yall
      > I using the Std latest ver
      > I have Amer Add-On v2.01, in the MAIN
      > and
      > default.udt, in the USER
      >
      > The Spell check is checking common words??????
      >
      > Alvaro (Al) Guevara
      > Tucson-WebDesign.com

      Al,

      I have only one dictionary folder under the NoteTab home folder, with no
      subfolders. All my dictionaries are in that folder and the spell
      checker works great.

      c:\Fookes\ntp\dictionaries\"all dictionary files"

      hrs
    • Al Guevara > Tucson WebDesign
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2002
        I was referring to the Spell option dialog box,
        not DIRS

        Thanks

        : > I have Amer Add-On v2.01, in the MAIN
        : > and
        : > default.udt, in the USER
        : >
        : > The Spell check is checking common
        words??????
        : >
        : > Alvaro (Al) Guevara
        : > Tucson-WebDesign.com
        :
        : Al,
        :
        : I have only one dictionary folder under the
        NoteTab home folder, with no
        : subfolders. All my dictionaries are in that
        folder and the spell
        : checker works great.
        :
        : c:\Fookes\ntp\dictionaries\"all dictionary
        files"
        :
        : hrs
        :
        :
        :
        :
        :
        :
        :
        : ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups
        :
        : To unsubscribe click on address below and send
        the message empty:
        :
        : Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        :
        :
        :
        :
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 4, 2002
          Hi Al,

          The following is about all I have on dictionaries and NoteTab in
          case you have not solved the problem yet...

          You need to properly install dictionaries before you can use the
          Spell Checker and thesaurus. The following is how to install and
          use the American English dictionaries and thesaurus. Download and
          install the following installation program by clicking on
          "dicts.exe" after downloading it. All the dictionaries and the
          thesaurus go into NoteTab's Dictionaries folder.

          Setup program with English dictionaries and thesaurus (size 1,394
          KB; updated 8 May 2000) http://www.notetab.com/ftp/dicts.exe

          The following files should be installed to NoteTab's Dictionaries
          folder:

          English.dct (..\NoteTab Pro\Dictionaries\English.dct)
          AmerAdd.dct (..\NoteTab Pro\Dictionaries\AmerAdd.dct)
          English.thr (..\NoteTab Pro\Dictionaries\English.thr)

          The end result in the Spell Checker configuration (View | Spell
          Checker Options...) window should be the following. Make sure the
          boxes are checked.

          Base English v2.01
          American Add-on v2.01

          To use the Spell Checker simply load a document and press the
          Spell Check button. To use the thesaurus simply press F12 or
          click on Tools | Thesaurus.

          If you still have problems, close NoteTab and delete Spell.cfg
          found in its main folder. Start NoteTab and run the Spell
          Checker. When you are asked to configure the Spell Checker, do so
          at that time.

          Please press Help in the Spell Checker at any time it is open for
          more details and/or also press Options in the same dialog to set
          some options. You may also get to the same information from View
          | Spell Checker Options...

          Installing other dictionaries will be similar although they come
          in a compressed zip file. Additional dictionaries are located at
          our dictionaries page and do not have an installation program.
          Extract them into the Dictionaries folder and use the Add button
          in View | Spell-checker Options... to get them configured.

          http://www.notetab.com/dictionaries.htm