dictionary not working

  • Al Guevara > Tucson WebDesign
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2002
      Hi Yall
      I using the Std latest ver
      I have Amer Add-On v2.01, in the MAIN
      and
      default.udt, in the USER

      The Spell check is checking common words??????

      Can anybody comprende this one?

      Alvaro (Al) Guevara
      Tucson-WebDesign.com

      Specializing existing in website maintenance,
      repair, and search engine submission.

      ¤º°¤,¸¸, ¤^¤º°`°º¤ O :-) ¤º°`°º¤^¤ ,¸¸,¤°º¤

      C O N T A C T
      * tel= 1-520-867-0171
      * fax= 1-928-396-7060
      * Tucson, Arizona
      * Icq# 39328635 * Aim# albabes
      * www.Tucson-WebDesign.com
      * mailto:Al@...
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2002
        > Al Guevara Tucson WebDesign wrote:
        >
        > Hi Yall
        > I using the Std latest ver
        > I have Amer Add-On v2.01, in the MAIN
        > and
        > default.udt, in the USER
        >
        > The Spell check is checking common words??????
        >
        > Alvaro (Al) Guevara
        > Tucson-WebDesign.com

        Al,

        I have only one dictionary folder under the NoteTab home folder, with no
        subfolders. All my dictionaries are in that folder and the spell
        checker works great.

        c:\Fookes\ntp\dictionaries\"all dictionary files"

        hrs
      • Al Guevara > Tucson WebDesign
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2002
          I was referring to the Spell option dialog box,
          not DIRS

          Thanks

          : > I have Amer Add-On v2.01, in the MAIN
          : > and
          : > default.udt, in the USER
          : >
          : > The Spell check is checking common
          words??????
          : >
          : > Alvaro (Al) Guevara
          : > Tucson-WebDesign.com
          :
          : Al,
          :
          : I have only one dictionary folder under the
          NoteTab home folder, with no
          : subfolders. All my dictionaries are in that
          folder and the spell
          : checker works great.
          :
          : c:\Fookes\ntp\dictionaries\"all dictionary
          files"
          :
          : hrs
          :
          :
          :
          :
          :
          :
          :
          : ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups
          :
          : To unsubscribe click on address below and send
          the message empty:
          :
          : Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          :
          :
          :
          :
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 4, 2002
            Hi Al,

            The following is about all I have on dictionaries and NoteTab in
            case you have not solved the problem yet...

            You need to properly install dictionaries before you can use the
            Spell Checker and thesaurus. The following is how to install and
            use the American English dictionaries and thesaurus. Download and
            install the following installation program by clicking on
            "dicts.exe" after downloading it. All the dictionaries and the
            thesaurus go into NoteTab's Dictionaries folder.

            Setup program with English dictionaries and thesaurus (size 1,394
            KB; updated 8 May 2000) http://www.notetab.com/ftp/dicts.exe

            The following files should be installed to NoteTab's Dictionaries
            folder:

            English.dct (..\NoteTab Pro\Dictionaries\English.dct)
            AmerAdd.dct (..\NoteTab Pro\Dictionaries\AmerAdd.dct)
            English.thr (..\NoteTab Pro\Dictionaries\English.thr)

            The end result in the Spell Checker configuration (View | Spell
            Checker Options...) window should be the following. Make sure the
            boxes are checked.

            Base English v2.01
            American Add-on v2.01

            To use the Spell Checker simply load a document and press the
            Spell Check button. To use the thesaurus simply press F12 or
            click on Tools | Thesaurus.

            If you still have problems, close NoteTab and delete Spell.cfg
            found in its main folder. Start NoteTab and run the Spell
            Checker. When you are asked to configure the Spell Checker, do so
            at that time.

            Please press Help in the Spell Checker at any time it is open for
            more details and/or also press Options in the same dialog to set
            some options. You may also get to the same information from View
            | Spell Checker Options...

            Installing other dictionaries will be similar although they come
            in a compressed zip file. Additional dictionaries are located at
            our dictionaries page and do not have an installation program.
            Extract them into the Dictionaries folder and use the Add button
            in View | Spell-checker Options... to get them configured.

            http://www.notetab.com/dictionaries.htm