Re: [NTB] rate the notetab software

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 27, 2002

      All who care to read,

      To settle this question I offer;

      I regularly compress NoteTab Pro to a size you can copy to a floppy and
      still keep many of the bells and whistles.

      I don't have much need to run it from a floppy but, I could. The
      compressed executable size for the latest version is 669,184 bytes, that
      just barely fills half a floppy.

      I compress each final issue, the betas won't work when compressed, and
      have had no discernible ill-effects. I am currently writing this email
      with a compressed copy.

      I do this with UPX, downloadable from
      http://upx.sourceforge.net/download/upx123w.zip. This compresses to
      one-third of NotePro's size.

      Although you can de-compress the same file with the program it is much
      simpler to keep an original copy of the .exe file.

      Of course, this does take a bit of initiative, if you want NotePro to be
      portable this is one way that works!!

      hrs