rate the notetab software

  • Don Passenger
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2002
      I happened over to:
      http://download.com.com/3302-2048-10144068.html?ob=0&pn=1&fb=0

      which lists html editors. There were only 28 reviews of NTP. The two negative ones said get editpad, it's free. Of course it isn't for the pro version as they have a setup much like NT's. Their light version doesn't have syntax highlighting, but does have unlimited undo's -- which is one of the major drawbacks to the NTL program in my humble estimation.

      EditPad Pro has custom syntax highlighting ... I don't actually think I look forward to the v5 of notetab because I am afraid it may lose the kiss approach it currently has, and yet I cannot wait for that feature as I do a lot of perl, php and javascript and syntax highlighting will be a big plus. Right now, if I encounter problems a debug step I am forced to take is to colorize my coding -- to help spot troubles -- via http://www.chami.com/colorizer/ (which suddenly makes me realize, I bet I can write a clip to colorize instead of manually doing it .... hey cliplist ... .here I come).

      Anyway, go vote for notetab! There are more than 28 users who love this thing.