Keyboard Shortcut

  • mitchicoo@msn.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 13, 2002
      Newbie, 10 day old. NPL then NPS. Is there a Keyboard Shortcut to open Windows Explorer? JerryGet more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com

    • Jason Waugh
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 13, 2002
        Hi mitchicoo,

        mmc> Is there a Keyboard Shortcut to open Windows Explorer?

        Notetab doesn't need one, because Windows already has one that you can
        use from anywhere - 'Windows-Key E'

        Jason.
      • Don Passenger
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 13, 2002
          there is a clip in utilities clipbook library which opens windows explorer
          you can put the clip in whatever library you typically use if you wish to
          have it more available

          one advantage of pro is that it has a clipbar where you can dock something
          like this for use

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 13, 2002
            Well..., not exactly. The 'Windows-key+E' shortcut isn't really a keyboard
            shortcut -- i.e. a shortcut that works when keyboard keys are pressed. The
            Windows key is a NON-standard key, available on SOME keyboards but not
            others. It is more properly a 'hardware acellerator device' even though it
            doesn't really acellerate much of anything. Some keyboards have internet
            keys, some have off/on switches, some have eight 'F'-unction keys while
            others have 12 or 14 and some have windows keys.

            The Windows key is a special programmable key offered on some windows
            keyboards for use with later MS Windows ONLY. In MS Windows operating
            systems the Windows key is programmable(more or less) for a few different
            uses, but these are all specific to late model Windows. The standard
            DOS/Windows keyboard has 88 or 101 keys. My Dell keyboard has 104 -- the
            standard 101 plus 2 windows keys plus a right- context menu key. My keyboard
            has 12 function keys, but earlier 'boards had only 10 or 11 or 8, depending
            how far back you go.

            I have in my closet an ATT-branded data entry 'board dated 1988 that has
            'print screen' and 'scroll lock' keys replaced with F13 and F14 keys. The
            Pause/Break key is labeled Scroll Lock/Break. This keyboard also has the
            top row of keys on the numeric pad set up for a shift row in addition to the
            standard row. The standard row characters are = * / + and the shift row
            is ( ) on the left most keys and no symbol on the shift of the right keys.
            In addition, The left, second and fourth keys are marked for PrtSc, PrtOn,
            and StPrt respectively. There is no NumLock anywhere. There are exactly 101
            keys. The keyboard has an IBM plug on it and I have never tried it out, but
            I will someday. I bet Windows will recognize it and I can use it. The "feel"
            of this old 'board is magnificent--very much like the later IBM typewriter
            keyboards.

            I wish someone would come up with a keyboard that has an 'enter' key on the
            left, and comma, space, equals and paren/bracket keys on the numeric pad.
            Then when I am typing left handed....

            Mike Hopkins
            ironmike@...

            > mmc> Is there a Keyboard Shortcut to open Windows Explorer?
            >

            > Notetab doesn't need one, because Windows already has one that you can
            > use from anywhere - 'Windows-Key E'

          • Charles
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 13, 2002
              > I wish someone would come up with a keyboard that has an 'enter' key on the
              > left, and comma, space, equals and paren/bracket keys on the numeric pad.
              > Then when I am typing left handed....
              ... then you can take it to the Off-Topic list.
              Err.. sorry. Twas a gratuitous semi-rant that set me off.

              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 16, 2002
                Hi Mike,

                >> I wish someone would come up with a keyboard that has an 'enter' key on the
                >> left, and comma, space, equals and paren/bracket keys on the numeric pad.
                >> Then when I am typing left handed....

                In version 5 we will have customizable keyboard shortcuts and
                even better, we will be assign keys to Clips. We do not have an
                estimated time of release for v5, but it is being worked on.