Re: Site License, NoteTab Vs TextPad!!!

  • John Zeman
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 9, 2002
      I've never used textpad, it may be a wonderful program, but I've heard the same said of other text editors that I've tried and no longer use..

      So here's what I would do Donald..

      I don't know how proficient you are with NoteTab, but if it were me, I'd issue a challenge to my employers.. For them to purchase a single NoteTab license for the computer I'm using, and then to let me go one on one against ALL the other users of textpad when it came time to resolve not only text based problems, but many other utility computer problems as well..

      I'm pretty confident that I'd be able to make a strong case for the company purchasing a site license for NoteTab...

      Good Luck..

      John :)

      --- In notetab@y..., "donaldhines" <donald.c.hines@m...> wrote:
      > I need help and I need it fast!
      >
      > I'm trying to talk my company into purchasing a site license for
      > NoteTab. The guy with the power is meeting with me today at 1pm
      > (central) to discuss the issue. I figured it was a shoe in, look at
      > NotePad, Look at NoteTab, DUH!
      >
      > BUT, I was just told (a few hours ago) that the company already has a
      > site license for TextPad. ARRRGHH! Now instead of convincing them
      > that NoteTab is worth the money, I've got to convince them that we can
      > do things with NoteTab that we can NOT do with the application they
      > have already purchased (TextPad).
      >
      > I've never USED textpad, (although I've just downloaded it and will be
      > learning what I can before tomorrow)
      >
      > Any of you NoteTab fans out there who have used both apps and could
      > point out the reasons you have chosen NoteTab over TextPad, (before
      > 1pm central oct 9th) might help make a difference in Eric's
      > Pocketbook, AND my sanity.
      >
      > I WANT NOTETAB!!!!!
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Donald
    • donaldhines
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 11, 2002
        >and then to let me go one on one against ALL the other users
        >of textpad when it came time to resolve not only text based
        >problems, but many other utility computer problems as well..

        Thats sorta whats going to happen. I showed off the abilities
        of the clip language. The boss said, "As for a text editor,
        I can't excuse paying for a second because the differences are
        just not that important, BUT, this clip language seems pretty
        powerful and if we can push it to 'Those Who Make The Decisions'
        as a 'productivity' tool instead of a text editor, we MIGHT have
        a chance.

        SO, right now I'm doing a write up about what we can do with
        the clip language that we can't do with any other tool. I'll
        submit it to 'The Powers That Be', we'll wait a few weeks
        and see...

        Thanks for all the help folks!

        Donald