Re: [NTB] Fixed Width Fonts

  • Kevin Galazen
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 9 5:21 AM
      You can use any font you like for printed output in NoteTab Pro. The
      fixed-width font limitation affects only what you work with on the
      screen, not what you print out. Hope this helps.

      <<<However, I am concerned about how, having only fixed width fonts
      available, will affect the
      quality(appearance)of printed material generated from Notetab Pro.>>>
    • Steve LaMantia
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 12 11:22 AM
        Dr. Paul Harder wrote:

        > I like to use FixedSys. In my own not so humble opinion,
        > it looks cool.

        Hear hear! I too cast my vote for FixedSys. I'll stop short of
        saying "it looks cool", but in my opinion it's clean-looking
        (because it's sans-serif), its "pen width" is heavy enough to
        see the letters clearly but not so heavy that the letters look
        smudged, and its height-to-width ratio is just right (so it's not
        visually squished vertically or horizontally). I find FixedSys
        to be fully workmanlike.

        As for fixed vs. proportional, if I really need the more elegant
        design elements offered by a proportional font, I'll copy and
        paste from NoteTab into MS Word, or just type it up from scratch
        in Word.

        I've always thought of NoteTab as a "text editor", and not so
        much a "word processor" (although that distinction can be seen
        to be blurred somewhat), and certainly not a page layout program.
        As a text editor, it's excellent. Better than excellent, even ...

        ... although it *would* be made quite better with Back and
        Forward history buttons *AND* the associated standard keystrokes
        for file navigation, so we could finally stop playing Where's Waldo
        with those insane musical-chair file tabs. Hah! Couldn't resist
        throwing that in! My #1 NoteTab pet peeve. Hah! Fix it, Eric! :-)

        -- Steve LaMantia