Two windos in NTP (was Site License, NoteTab Vs TextPad!!!)

  • Dick Gascoigne
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 9, 2002
      > <snip> , its ability to show two views of the same file
      > would be a really nice addition to NoteTab Pro. I can't tell you how

      For two views of a doc., what I do is to save a 2nd copy, open it in NTP, &
      use the Document: Second Window command.
      ---------------------------------
      > I saw a vague reference to editor macros, ...

      Hey, to me that IS what Notetab is all about. I have a couple of dozen of my
      own clips, plus those from Jody, et al, that save me inestimable time -- and
      I'm no power user. If you need a good macro (and not just for editing,
      either), then you can't do without it. I do things with NTB clips that I'd
      have trouble doing in VB. Like taking a 4MB spool file of many documents,
      and dividing it into N equal new files of M documents each and then printing
      simultaneously to multiple printers. Tough choice - a 40 line clip with a
      $30 product, or a $6,000 commercial product :-)

      The justification should center on saving of man-hours both in writing
      programs (requiring a programmer), and automating repetitive user tasks.
      You'll never displace the incumbent on just text editing features.

      Dick Gascoigne

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 9, 2002
        Hi Dick and Donald,

        I'm sorry I did not make it by 1pm our time, central. In truth,
        the man-hours saved cannot be counted without many man-hours of
        research - they are "waaaaaaay toooooo" many. :-) I save at
        least 100 hours a day! ...and it is all for an original cost to
        me of $5.00 years ago. :-) The cost of NoteTab is not an issue
        once one realizes the time saved.

        Pro is $19.95 now, but should be going up in v5. We do not have
        an estimated time of release for v5, but it is being worked on.
        Site licences start at $14.00 a copy for 5 to 19 users and gets
        cheaper as the copies increase.