Re: [NTB] Error when shutting NoteTab Pro

  • Len
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2002
      Hello;

      I had a similar error using Win98 but it stopped occurring several
      months ago, possibly as much as 6 months ago.

      Len

      At 04:29 PM 10/3/02 -0400, you wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      >I've had the same error, running NoteTab Pro under windows 2000.
      >
      >Vance Neff
      >
      >Doug Weller wrote:
      >
      > > Hello,
      > >
      > > I'm running NoteTab Pro, current version, under XP Pro. When I close
      > > it I normally get an Application Error message saying:
      > >
      > > Application Error
      > > Exception EINvalidOperation in module NotePro.exe at 00041D51.
      > > Control " has no parent window.
      > >
      > > I think I've had this in earlier versions as well.
      > >
      > > Doug
      > >
      > > --
      > > Doug Weller Moderator, sci.archaeology.moderated
      > > Submissions to:sci-archaeology-moderated@...
      > > Doug's Archaeology Site: http://www.ramtops.demon.co.uk

      > > ---
      > > [This E-mail was scanned for viruses by http://www.intouchmi.com]
      >
      >---
      >[This E-mail was scanned for viruses by http://www.intouchmi.com]

    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 3, 2002
        Doug Vance Len:

        This occurs frequently on Win98 especially in low resource conditions.
        (Usually any time I'm below about 20% I can count on getting this error)
        and then (sometimes) when I click to close that error a repetive chain
        of of mgs-boxes that just say "Error", clicking each one brings up
        another.

        I just use C+A+D to kill them - though just leaving them seems to make
        them normally killable.

        I "think" that they are less likely if you use the exit button instead
        of the [x] and are more frequent when a large number of files or
        clip-libraries are open.

        At least on Win9x, resource scarcity is definitely the prime determinant
        of whether this error occurs.

        --
        Regards ... Alec