Re: [NTB] Error when shutting NoteTab Pro

  • Vance E. Neff
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2002
      Hi,

      I've had the same error, running NoteTab Pro under windows 2000.

      Vance Neff

      Doug Weller wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > I'm running NoteTab Pro, current version, under XP Pro. When I close
      > it I normally get an Application Error message saying:
      >
      > Application Error
      > Exception EINvalidOperation in module NotePro.exe at 00041D51.
      > Control " has no parent window.
      >
      > I think I've had this in earlier versions as well.
      >
      > Doug
      >
      > --
      > Doug Weller Moderator, sci.archaeology.moderated
      > Submissions to:sci-archaeology-moderated@...
      > Doug's Archaeology Site: http://www.ramtops.demon.co.uk

      > ---
      > [This E-mail was scanned for viruses by http://www.intouchmi.com]

      ---
      [This E-mail was scanned for viruses by http://www.intouchmi.com]
    • Len
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 3, 2002
        Hello;

        I had a similar error using Win98 but it stopped occurring several
        months ago, possibly as much as 6 months ago.

        Len

        At 04:29 PM 10/3/02 -0400, you wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        >I've had the same error, running NoteTab Pro under windows 2000.
        >
        >Vance Neff
        >
        >Doug Weller wrote:
        >
        > > Hello,
        > >
        > > I'm running NoteTab Pro, current version, under XP Pro. When I close
        > > it I normally get an Application Error message saying:
        > >
        > > Application Error
        > > Exception EINvalidOperation in module NotePro.exe at 00041D51.
        > > Control " has no parent window.
        > >
        > > I think I've had this in earlier versions as well.
        > >
        > > Doug
        > >
        > > --
        > > Doug Weller Moderator, sci.archaeology.moderated
        > > Submissions to:sci-archaeology-moderated@...
        > > Doug's Archaeology Site: http://www.ramtops.demon.co.uk

        > > ---
        > > [This E-mail was scanned for viruses by http://www.intouchmi.com]
        >
        >---
        >[This E-mail was scanned for viruses by http://www.intouchmi.com]

      • Alec Burgess
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 3, 2002
          Doug Vance Len:

          This occurs frequently on Win98 especially in low resource conditions.
          (Usually any time I'm below about 20% I can count on getting this error)
          and then (sometimes) when I click to close that error a repetive chain
          of of mgs-boxes that just say "Error", clicking each one brings up
          another.

          I just use C+A+D to kill them - though just leaving them seems to make
          them normally killable.

          I "think" that they are less likely if you use the exit button instead
          of the [x] and are more frequent when a large number of files or
          clip-libraries are open.

          At least on Win9x, resource scarcity is definitely the prime determinant
          of whether this error occurs.

          --
          Regards ... Alec