Re: [NTB] Problem with Clipboard

  • Tarkus
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 1, 2002
      • On Tue, 01 Oct 2002 08:09:10 +0200
      • "Eric G.V. Fookes" <egroups@...> wrote:

      > NoteTab hooks itself to the Clipboard chain so that it knows when to enable
      > or disable the Paste button in the toolbar. Obviously, the same hook is
      > used for the Pasteboard feature and a number of Clip commands.

      Are you saying it's normal for it to be hooked into the chain at all
      times, regardless of configuration?

      > NoteTab does not decide on its position in the chain since this is
      > handled by Windows.

      Yes, I know. It seems that the chain is established in inverse order of
      when programs are loaded. That is, each new program goes to the top of
      the chain, bumping everything else down.

      > In any case, the position in the chain should have no incidence over
      > other software.

      The operative word being "should." Unfortunately, ClipMate is
      definitely giving me problems when it's anywhere but first in the chain.
      (I realize that's not your problem.)
      --
      "You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water;
      shark's in the water, our shark."
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 1, 2002
        Hi Tarkus,

        > > NoteTab hooks itself to the Clipboard chain so that it knows when to
        > enable
        > > or disable the Paste button in the toolbar. Obviously, the same hook is
        > > used for the Pasteboard feature and a number of Clip commands.
        >
        >Are you saying it's normal for it to be hooked into the chain at all
        >times, regardless of configuration?

        That is correct.

        > > In any case, the position in the chain should have no incidence over
        > > other software.
        >
        >The operative word being "should." Unfortunately, ClipMate is
        >definitely giving me problems when it's anywhere but first in the chain.
        >(I realize that's not your problem.)

        Strange. I know there are other NoteTabbers using ClipMate or some other
        Clipboard utilities with success.

        Regards,
        Eric G.V. Fookes

      • Tarkus
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 1, 2002
          • On Tue, 01 Oct 2002 17:21:59 +0200
          • "Eric G.V. Fookes" <egroups@...> wrote:

          > Strange. I know there are other NoteTabbers using ClipMate or some other
          > Clipboard utilities with success.

          It's not a problem with NoteTab, but *any* program which pushes ClipMate
          from the top of the chain causes me problems. I just thought if I could
          stop NoteTab from doing that, it would be one less conflict from a
          program I use a lot.

          But again, I realize it's not your problem. If NTP is behaving correctly,
          that's good enough for me.

          Thanks.
          --
          "I suppose you could say that everyone has an El Guapo. For some,
          shyness may be an El Guapo. For others, lack of education may be an El