Re: [NTB] Problem with Clipboard

  • Eric G.V. Fookes
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 30, 2002
      Hi Tarkus,

      >I don't think NTP is doing anything wrong (other than probably being in
      >the chain when it shouldn't be), but for some reason CM is giving me
      >problems when it's not first in the chain. So any programs I can stop
      >from bumping it down in the chain will help.

      NoteTab hooks itself to the Clipboard chain so that it knows when to enable
      or disable the Paste button in the toolbar. Obviously, the same hook is
      used for the Pasteboard feature and a number of Clip commands. NoteTab does
      not decide on its position in the chain since this is handled by Windows.
      In any case, the position in the chain should have no incidence over other
      software.

      Regards,
      Eric G.V. Fookes

    • Tarkus
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 1, 2002
        • On Tue, 01 Oct 2002 08:09:10 +0200
        • "Eric G.V. Fookes" <egroups@...> wrote:

        > NoteTab hooks itself to the Clipboard chain so that it knows when to enable
        > or disable the Paste button in the toolbar. Obviously, the same hook is
        > used for the Pasteboard feature and a number of Clip commands.

        Are you saying it's normal for it to be hooked into the chain at all
        times, regardless of configuration?

        > NoteTab does not decide on its position in the chain since this is
        > handled by Windows.

        Yes, I know. It seems that the chain is established in inverse order of
        when programs are loaded. That is, each new program goes to the top of
        the chain, bumping everything else down.

        > In any case, the position in the chain should have no incidence over
        > other software.

        The operative word being "should." Unfortunately, ClipMate is
        definitely giving me problems when it's anywhere but first in the chain.
        (I realize that's not your problem.)
        --
        "You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water;
        shark's in the water, our shark."
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 1, 2002
          Hi Tarkus,

          > > NoteTab hooks itself to the Clipboard chain so that it knows when to
          > enable
          > > or disable the Paste button in the toolbar. Obviously, the same hook is
          > > used for the Pasteboard feature and a number of Clip commands.
          >
          >Are you saying it's normal for it to be hooked into the chain at all
          >times, regardless of configuration?

          That is correct.

          > > In any case, the position in the chain should have no incidence over
          > > other software.
          >
          >The operative word being "should." Unfortunately, ClipMate is
          >definitely giving me problems when it's anywhere but first in the chain.
          >(I realize that's not your problem.)

          Strange. I know there are other NoteTabbers using ClipMate or some other
          Clipboard utilities with success.

          Regards,
          Eric G.V. Fookes

        • Tarkus
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 1, 2002
            • On Tue, 01 Oct 2002 17:21:59 +0200
            • "Eric G.V. Fookes" <egroups@...> wrote:

            > Strange. I know there are other NoteTabbers using ClipMate or some other
            > Clipboard utilities with success.

            It's not a problem with NoteTab, but *any* program which pushes ClipMate
            from the top of the chain causes me problems. I just thought if I could
            stop NoteTab from doing that, it would be one less conflict from a
            program I use a lot.

            But again, I realize it's not your problem. If NTP is behaving correctly,
            that's good enough for me.

            Thanks.
            --
            "I suppose you could say that everyone has an El Guapo. For some,
            shyness may be an El Guapo. For others, lack of education may be an El