Problem with Clipboard

  • Tarkus
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 26, 2002
      I'm having problems with ClipMate when NoteTab Pro is running. CM shows
      NT being first in the clipboard viewing chain, and apparently that's
      causing interference with some of CM's functionality.

      Why is NTP in the chain at all, and is there anything I can do to
      disable that function? The only time I ever use the clipboard in NTP is
      when pasting text from the clipboard.

      Thanks.
      --
      "One day as I came home early from work ... I saw a guy jogging naked.
      I said to the guy ... 'Hey buddy, why are you doing that?' He said,
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 27, 2002
        Hi Tarkus,

        >I'm having problems with ClipMate when NoteTab Pro is running.
        >CM shows NT being first in the clipboard viewing chain, and
        >apparently that's causing interference with some of CM's
        >functionality.
        >
        >Why is NTP in the chain at all, and is there anything I can do to
        >disable that function? The only time I ever use the clipboard in
        >NTP is when pasting text from the clipboard.

        Like CM, NoteTab has some features that monitor the Clipboard. My
        guess would be that you have a Library own that has the advent:
        OnClipboardChange in it. Or, you have the PasteBoard open.
        There is also Clip code that works with the Clipboard, both
        commands and functions and they can be made to constantly be
        working with the Clipboard.

        The first thing I would do is change Libraries by using the
        Libraries bar at the bottom of NoteTab (View | Libraries bar) to
        SampleCode, Utilities, or any Library that doesn't have the code
        in it. (Just try a few and see if it stops with one.) You can
        also simply press F4 to close the Clipbook Library altogether.
        You can also right click over the Clipbook Library and choose
        "Close Clipbook." Do not use "Hide Clipbook" since it is still
        active then. Another way to close it is to click on the
        depressed button on the Libraries bar.

        Make sure you do not have the PasteBoard open (Document | Use as
        PasteBoard).

      • Alec Burgess
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 27, 2002
          Tarkus:

          Do you by any chance have the Pasteboard funtion turned on in Notetab?
          Options | Tools:

          >>Paste-Board Divider: Define text or blank lines used to separate
          pasted Clipboard items when using the "Paste Board" feature. <<

          >>Any document in the editor (as long as it is not Read-Only) can be
          configured to capture text that is cut or copied to the Clipboard from
          any Windows application. First select the document you want to use as a
          "paste board", then activate the "Use as Paste Board" option in the
          Document menu. As long as this option is active, the document will
          capture and append all text sent to the Clipboard. The computer will
          beep or play a sound each time the paste-board document captures some
          text.

          The paste-board feature, for example, makes it easy to create a list of
          links or store important information as you surf the Web.

          Note that only one document at a time can act as a paste board. When you
          activate this option on another document, the previous paste-board
          document stops capturing Clipboard text. <<

          Question: You said >>> I'm having problems with ClipMate when NoteTab
          Pro is running.
          > CM shows NT being first in the clipboard viewing chain<<

          Does ClipMate actually show all the programs that have hooks into the
          Clipboard chain?

          Do you (or anyone else) know any "freeware" utility that will give this
          information? I didn't think (per the author of another clipboard related
          program "Robotype"-PCMag) that there was any way to get a list of who's
          doing what in response to clipboard events.

          --
          Regards ... Alec

          > I'm having problems with ClipMate when NoteTab Pro is running.
          > CM shows NT being first in the clipboard viewing chain, and
          > apparently that's causing interference with some of CM's
          > functionality.
          >
          > Why is NTP in the chain at all, and is there anything I can do
          > to disable that function? The only time I ever use the
          > clipboard in NTP is when pasting text from the clipboard.
          >
          > Thanks.
        • Tarkus
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 27, 2002
            • On Fri, 27 Sep 2002 07:55:01 -0400
            • "Alec Burgess" <burale@...> wrote:

            > Do you by any chance have the Pasteboard funtion turned on in Notetab?

            No.

            > Does ClipMate actually show all the programs that have hooks into the
            > Clipboard chain?

            It only shows First and Next. NOTETAB goes to first whenever I open it,
            no matter how I have it configured.
            --
            "During sex, my girlfriend always wants to talk to me. Just the other
            night she called me from a hotel." - Rodney Dangerfield
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 27, 2002
              • On Fri, 27 Sep 2002 04:31:25 -0500
              • Jody <av1611@...> wrote:

              > The first thing I would do is change Libraries by using the
              > Libraries bar at the bottom of NoteTab (View | Libraries bar) to
              > SampleCode, Utilities, or any Library that doesn't have the code
              > in it. (Just try a few and see if it stops with one.) You can

              That didn't work.

              > also simply press F4 to close the Clipbook Library altogether.
              > You can also right click over the Clipbook Library and choose
              > "Close Clipbook." Do not use "Hide Clipbook" since it is still
              > active then. Another way to close it is to click on the
              > depressed button on the Libraries bar.

              Neither did that.

              > Make sure you do not have the PasteBoard open (Document | Use as
              > PasteBoard).

              That's not enabled.

              I even tried quitting NTP and then restarting, to no avail.

              Any other ideas?
              --
              If someone invented instant water, what would they mix it with?
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 30, 2002
                Hi Tarkus,

                I don't know why NoteTab would stay in front like it is doing.
                I'm sending a post to Eric. He knows the author of Clipmate.
                Perhaps they now what is going on.

                >• On Fri, 27 Sep 2002 04:31:25 -0500
                >• Jody <av1611@...> wrote:
                >
                >> The first thing I would do is change Libraries by using the
                >> Libraries bar at the bottom of NoteTab (View | Libraries bar) to
                >> SampleCode, Utilities, or any Library that doesn't have the code
                >> in it. (Just try a few and see if it stops with one.) You can
                >
                >That didn't work.
                >
                >> also simply press F4 to close the Clipbook Library altogether.
                >> You can also right click over the Clipbook Library and choose
                >> "Close Clipbook." Do not use "Hide Clipbook" since it is still
                >> active then. Another way to close it is to click on the
                >> depressed button on the Libraries bar.
                >
                >Neither did that.
                >
                >> Make sure you do not have the PasteBoard open (Document | Use
                >> as PasteBoard).
                >
                >That's not enabled.
                >
                >I even tried quitting NTP and then restarting, to no avail.
                >
                >Any other ideas?

              • Tarkus
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 30, 2002
                  • On Mon, 30 Sep 2002 19:43:42 -0500
                  • Jody <av1611@...> wrote:

                  > I don't know why NoteTab would stay in front like it is doing.
                  > I'm sending a post to Eric. He knows the author of Clipmate.
                  > Perhaps they now what is going on.

                  Thanks. I've been working with the author of ClipMate too, but
                  unfortunately he hasn't been able to help me.

                  I don't think NTP is doing anything wrong (other than probably being in
                  the chain when it shouldn't be), but for some reason CM is giving me
                  problems when it's not first in the chain. So any programs I can stop
                  from bumping it down in the chain will help.
                  --
                • Eric G.V. Fookes
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 30, 2002
                    Hi Tarkus,

                    >I don't think NTP is doing anything wrong (other than probably being in
                    >the chain when it shouldn't be), but for some reason CM is giving me
                    >problems when it's not first in the chain. So any programs I can stop
                    >from bumping it down in the chain will help.

                    NoteTab hooks itself to the Clipboard chain so that it knows when to enable
                    or disable the Paste button in the toolbar. Obviously, the same hook is
                    used for the Pasteboard feature and a number of Clip commands. NoteTab does
                    not decide on its position in the chain since this is handled by Windows.
                    In any case, the position in the chain should have no incidence over other
                    software.

                    Regards,
                    Eric G.V. Fookes

                  • Tarkus
                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 1, 2002
                      • On Tue, 01 Oct 2002 08:09:10 +0200
                      • "Eric G.V. Fookes" <egroups@...> wrote:

                      > NoteTab hooks itself to the Clipboard chain so that it knows when to enable
                      > or disable the Paste button in the toolbar. Obviously, the same hook is
                      > used for the Pasteboard feature and a number of Clip commands.

                      Are you saying it's normal for it to be hooked into the chain at all
                      times, regardless of configuration?

                      > NoteTab does not decide on its position in the chain since this is
                      > handled by Windows.

                      Yes, I know. It seems that the chain is established in inverse order of
                      when programs are loaded. That is, each new program goes to the top of
                      the chain, bumping everything else down.

                      > In any case, the position in the chain should have no incidence over
                      > other software.

                      The operative word being "should." Unfortunately, ClipMate is
                      definitely giving me problems when it's anywhere but first in the chain.
                      (I realize that's not your problem.)
                      --
                      "You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water;
                      shark's in the water, our shark."
                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 1, 2002
                        Hi Tarkus,

                        > > NoteTab hooks itself to the Clipboard chain so that it knows when to
                        > enable
                        > > or disable the Paste button in the toolbar. Obviously, the same hook is
                        > > used for the Pasteboard feature and a number of Clip commands.
                        >
                        >Are you saying it's normal for it to be hooked into the chain at all
                        >times, regardless of configuration?

                        That is correct.

                        > > In any case, the position in the chain should have no incidence over
                        > > other software.
                        >
                        >The operative word being "should." Unfortunately, ClipMate is
                        >definitely giving me problems when it's anywhere but first in the chain.
                        >(I realize that's not your problem.)

                        Strange. I know there are other NoteTabbers using ClipMate or some other
                        Clipboard utilities with success.

                        Regards,
                        Eric G.V. Fookes

                      • Tarkus
                        Message 11 of 11 , Oct 1, 2002
                          • On Tue, 01 Oct 2002 17:21:59 +0200
                          • "Eric G.V. Fookes" <egroups@...> wrote:

                          > Strange. I know there are other NoteTabbers using ClipMate or some other
                          > Clipboard utilities with success.

                          It's not a problem with NoteTab, but *any* program which pushes ClipMate
                          from the top of the chain causes me problems. I just thought if I could
                          stop NoteTab from doing that, it would be one less conflict from a
                          program I use a lot.

                          But again, I realize it's not your problem. If NTP is behaving correctly,
                          that's good enough for me.

                          Thanks.
                          --
                          "I suppose you could say that everyone has an El Guapo. For some,
                          shyness may be an El Guapo. For others, lack of education may be an El