Re: [NTB] Saving to a network -problem

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 23, 2002
      Hi Stephanie,

      I realize this is late. I saw the other reply and it sounded
      good to me. :-) The following are just some things to think
      about. I don't network so I can only go on what others have
      found out over the years when it comes to networking.

      >I'm having a slight issue with NTP 4.91 and updates to web pages
      >on a network. I wonder if this is an issue on my company's
      >server or if it's notetab.

      Try doing it in another editor, preferably not a MS editor. It
      may be Windows doing it. As it has been said MS works well with
      MS. See below.

      >I open a web page located on the network. I edit it and then
      >save. I go to my web browser and refresh the page I just made the
      >change to. No change, I still get my original unedited version.
      >Then I try emptying my cache and hitting refresh on the browser
      >yet again. Again, no change to my edited file.
      >
      >I close the file and close notetab. I reopen notetab and open a
      >fresh copy of the same file on the server. My edits are
      >preserved. But I am unable to view the changes in my browser
      >UNTIL I select the "view in browser" button from notetab. Then,
      >and only then, can I see the changes in my browser. ??

      Your network may be locking the due to the Windows file
      protection feature. Also, make sure that you are not looking at
      a temporary file in your browser such as efo~7.htm. After the
      file is saved the actual filename is used.

      Check the file attributes out too. If the file is marked Hidden,
      uncheck it. There was a path saving problem in some earlier
      version of NoteTab dealing with that NT and Win2000, but Eric
      fixed it as far as I remember. (He at least wrote he would
      during beta testing. ;)

    • sychau
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 26, 2002
        Hi,
        Thanks for everyone's feedback. I believe Brooks was untimately
        correct, the culprit turned out to be a delay on the server. Right
        after I made an edit in NTP, I viewed the source in notepad. My
        edits did not take. It was only after a few minutes that my changes
        were reflected.

        Thanks a bunch.

        Stephanie