Re: Finding Characters above "z"

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 20, 2002
      Hi Alec (,Hugo, Dan)

      --- In notetab@y..., "Alec Burgess" <burale@a...> wrote:
      > Your spoiling the fun of an terse and elegant but useless
      > Regexp expression :-(

      Oh wellll.

      > The only OCR I've used much is an old (but powerful) version
      > of Textbridge and that mostly the odd time for converting
      > screenshots to text. My experience with Textbridge was that
      > it had a "training" mode and that after doing the first
      > couple of paragraphs almost one character or word at a time
      > it would be able to complete the remainder of the job almost
      > letter perfect.
      >
      > My point being that if your OCR makes mistakes consistently
      > its probably possible to train it to do it right. Is this
      > not so in the "real" world?

      Yes, if it can be re-recognized without rescanning.

      But come to think of it, I've had my best result cleaning up
      OCR errors with a good spell-checker; when it finds a
      misspelled word you can designate the correction (often by picking
      it from a list) and "Change All."

      The spell checker in Notetab Pro might be good choice. It seems to
      have those features. (My experience was with MS Word tho).

      Regards, Sheri