Re: Finding Characters above "z"

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 19 1:50 PM
      --- In notetab@y..., "Dan Diebolt" <dandiebolt@y...> wrote:
      > I have a file converted from a scanner which has some unusual
      > characters in it. How can I locate those character above lower
      > case "z" (ie "{", "|", "}" ...) using regular expression in
      > Notetab?

      You could use a character class, which puts the search characters in
      brackets. If you wanted to find the next occurrence of any of the
      characters you mentioned above, this would do it in the Find Dialog:

      Find What:
      [{}|]

      Check the RegExp option

      Do not put a ^ as the first character in a character class because
      that would make it act as a special negation character. You could put
      a plus sign after the closing bracket to make it find one or more of
      any of the characters. Otherwise it will find each individual
      character.

      Regards,
      Sheri