Re: [NTB] cab extractions

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2002
      º Warner Hughes wrote:
      º
      º To extract the file riched32.dll
      º
      º For win 98 (and possibly later), at a dos prompt:
      º c:\windows\extract /a <CD_Drv>:\Win98\Win98_Base4.cab
      º <filename> /l <destination>
      º
      º Parameters: /a = Search all after the cab listed...if not Base4
      º maybe start at Precopy
      º /l = Location where to be loaded
      º
      º Thus: c:\windows\extract /a E:\Win98\Win98_Base4.cab
      º riched32.dll /l c:\windows\system
      º
      º Hi Mark,
      º
      º See if it does it after a reboot with other programs shut
      º down. If so, try reinstalling your riched32.dll from your Windows
      º Setup CD. I do not know what CAB it is in, but my guess would be in
      º the PRECOPY files. I do not know where to find it at MS either.
      º
      º I don't think reinstalling would help, but you might try it.
      º

      Hi Mark,

      I think Mark started the discussion about where to get a copy of
      riched32.dll, at least, in my Win98 cabs it is in Cabinet WIN98_40.CAB.

      It can sometimes be helpful to know the DOS procedure for important or
      difficult jobs but in this there's a much easier solution.

      Click, Start|Run and type in "sfc", no quotes, press enter or click OK.
      This is a Win utility, one function being to do exactly what you need,
      extract files from cabs.

      When the program opens you have 2 choices, choose the 2nd one, extract
      file...

      You can then browse for the WIN98_40.CAB file whether it's on your hard
      disk or on a CD to extract riched32.dll.

      There are a couple more places where you'll have to browse or type in
      info, to extract the file, you'll probably be able to figure the rest
      yourself, if not, write back.

      hrs

      I'm CC'ing this to the Off-Topic list since we've strayed a little far
      from the main subject of NoteTab.