Re: [NTB] Notetab run from floppy

  • Don Passenger
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2002
      there is a program called notetab tiny which runs from floppy
      http://www.tinyapps.org/text.html
      952K

      --
      Don Passenger
      mailto:dpasseng@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 31, 2002
        Hi Don & Dandie,

        NoteTab Tiny is now updated to v4.91 for those that use it.

        NoteTab Light v4.91 (Compressed); size 975,185 bytes; 952 KB:
        http://www.fookes.com/ftp/free/tiny_notetab.zip

        In order to run it off the floppy if I understood you correctly
        Dandie, you will need to figure out what has got to go. ;) The
        main reason it is smaller is because of the compressed executable
        (.exe). You can dump all the Clipbar stuff, because it is only
        for the Std Commercial 30 day trial period. So, out goes the
        *.ctb files and do you really use all the Libraries once you know
        some code to build your own - out the door with most of them,
        less the keepers. Do you access Help that much? Perhaps run it
        separately?

        Clips and files get loaded in RAM, so you are pretty much OK
        there as far as disk space goes. I'd try to get rid of
        everything I could and then build up when I found I had to have
        some certain Clips.

        I hope that helps.