[NTB] A great "plus" for NoteTab

  • Roger Williams
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 29, 1998
      Dear All,

      Must give five stars to NoteTab for the absolutely faultless
      implementation of dual-byte characters and strings. It is the only text
      editing program I know that works equally happily in English and
      Japanese. Had to give up on WinEdit over this issue.

      I didn't realize this at first--when I attempted to enter Japanese I got
      the usual gobbledegook. But then I tried using a Japanese font instead
      of default Courier New, and Hey Presto! everything displayed
      beautifully. Most impressive!

      This really extends the usefulness of NoteTab in our company, as we
      mostly create bilingual websites.

      Eric, if you don't already have good distribution in Japan, I know an
      honest and effective guy who runs a growing company that markets
      shareware to Japanese customers. You'd probably need to translate the
      help files, though... <groan>

      Roger

      ----
    • Jody Adair
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 29, 1998
        Hi Roger and Eric,

        >Eric, if you don't already have good distribution in Japan, I know an
        >honest and effective guy who runs a growing company that markets
        >shareware to Japanese customers. You'd probably need to translate the
        >help files, though... <groan>

        While you are translating Eric... <G>

        In Help/Clipbook Syntax, if not too much trouble can you
        hyperjump the different catagories to the place they are
        in the file?

        · Wrapping a Clip around selected text
        · Adding prompts in a Clip
        · Using date filters in a Clip