Find/Replace RegEx Quirk

  • Ralf
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 7, 2002
      Hi,

      there seems to be a quirk in Find/Replace when 'RegEx' ist checked.

      Search Replace Result
      ------ ------- ------
      bla \n works
      \$\$ bla works
      \$\$ \n finds the search text but doesn't replace anything

      I have no idea

      Ralf
    • silvermoonwoman2001
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 7, 2002
        --- In notetab@y..., Ralf <listacc@u...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > there seems to be a quirk in Find/Replace when 'RegEx' ist checked.
        >
        > Search Replace Result
        > ------ ------- ------
        > bla \n works
        > \$\$ bla works
        > \$\$ \n finds the search text but doesn't replace
        anything

        > I have no idea
        >
        > Ralf

        Hmmn. Replace all works.
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 8, 2002
          Hi Ralf,

          I get the same thing. I notice it works if you Replace All, but not
          on a single replace or stepping through one at a time.