Auto Replace Problem

  • STAT
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2002
      I am using NoteTad Std 4.86/fpv

      When I spell check the word EU is automatically replaced by the word DU
      The only thing I can do is go back through the document after running spell
      check and returning the word DU to back to the intended EU (European Union)

      This replacement only happens when I spell check and at no other time. Can
      anyone suggest some flag or something which might be truned on, but which I
      cannot find, which will stop this behaviour.

      Thank you,

      Brian Clancey
      STAT
    • Julie
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 6, 2002
        you wrote:

        >When I spell check the word EU is automatically replaced by the word DU
        >The only thing I can do is go back through the document after running
        >spell check and returning the word DU to back to the intended EU (European
        >Union)
        >
        >This replacement only happens when I spell check and at no other time. Can
        >anyone suggest some flag or something which might be truned on, but which
        >I cannot find, which will stop this behaviour.

        The user additions to the dictionary are stored in a file named
        default.udt. Look in the [Auto Correct] section of the file for a
        reference similar to
        AC_1=EU@@@DU
        and delete the line. You can either add a reference in the [Added] section
        to ignore EU, or do another pass of the spell checker and click on Add.

        I know I've seen clips either here or the Clips list to speed this process
        along. You might want to do a search of the archives @

        Julie