Quicklist

  • Quin Selman
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 5, 2002
      Hello notetab,

      I suppose this is a naive request, but how can I remove some of the
      directories in the dropdown list in the Quick List (Disc Files)window? I can
      easily add them but see no way to remove them. Most of the ones I
      have are useless.

      Of course I don't want to actually delete directories from my hard
      disk, just the entries in the dropdown list.

      --
      Best regards,
      Quin mailto:qselman@...
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 5, 2002
        Quin,
        At 05:09 AM 8/5/2002 -0600, you wrote:
        >Hello notetab,
        >
        > I suppose this is a naive request, but how can I remove some of the
        > directories in the dropdown list in the Quick List (Disc Files)window? I can
        > easily add them but see no way to remove them. Most of the ones I
        > have are useless.
        >
        > Of course I don't want to actually delete directories from my hard
        > disk, just the entries in the dropdown list.

        The search criteria for the Quick List Disk Files mode is in the NotePro.ini file.

        You can drag and drop this file into an open instance of NoteTab, edit it and then save it with an exclamation mark in front of the filename as in

        !NotePro.ini

        Then exit NoteTab and reopen it and this file will replace the old NotePro.ini file.

        The Disk File criteria looks like the below:

        [DirectoryList]
        SpecsCount=3
        Specs_1="C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\*.*"
        Specs_2="C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\GOOD HELP STUFF\*.*"
        Specs_3="C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Favorites\*.*"

        When you remove items, be sure to adjust the SpecsCount= Value.

        Regards,

        Jim
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 5, 2002
          Hi Quin,

          >I suppose this is a naive request, but how can I remove some of
          >the directories in the dropdown list in the Quick List (Disc
          >Files)window? I can easily add them but see no way to remove
          >them. Most of the ones I have are useless.

          NoteTab will only hold 20 items. After that the oldest one falls
          off the bottom.

          I have a Clip at Snatch-A-Clip that makes it easy to edit the list like Jim mentioned.

          http://www.notetab.net/html/snatchclp.htm
          http://www.notetab.net/html/editdirlist.htm

          This Clip makes it easy for you to edit the [DirectoryList]
          section found in NoteTab's main folder. The purpose of it is to
          get rid of unwanted entries in the list, the combobox above the
          Quick List. Just open the ini file, delete the entries you do not
          want, place your cursor above the section and click on the Clip.

          Open second window: H=Edit Directory List

        • Quin Selman
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 6, 2002
            Hello Quin,

            Monday, August 5, 2002, 5:09:51 AM, you wrote:

            > . . . how can I remove some of the directories in the dropdown list
            > in the Quick List (Disc Files)window?

            Thanks, Jim and Jody. That did the trick.

            --
            Best regards,
            Quin mailto:qselman@...
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 7, 2003
              Hi
              Is it possible to have some sort of token to replace the address in the
              quicklist
              i.e. C:\Documents and Settings\All Users with a unused[+]character so
              that the actual
              quicklist you would see +\media player info

              THANKYOU DAVE
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 8, 2003
                Hi Dave,

                No, sorry.

                >Is it possible to have some sort of token to replace the address
                >in the quicklist i.e. C:\Documents and Settings\All Users
                >with a unused[+]character so that the actual quicklist you would
                >see +\media player info

                Happy Tab'n,
                Jody Adair

                NoteTabbers Assistant Page Clean-Funnies dot com
                http://www.notetab.net www.clean-funnies.com