Re: [NTB] Re: quick list hiccup!

  • paul
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2002
      just to refine that solution a tad - i selected and dragged all 30 of my
      quick list .fvr files into notetab and then did a global search and replace,
      which made 700 filepath alterations in all.

      worked just dandy! :-)
    • acummingsus
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2002
        Hi Paul,

        > quick list .fvr files into notetab and then did a global search and
        replace,
        > which made 700 filepath alterations in all.

        Very good! NoteTab can handle a lot.

        My reply centered around quick list disk files. I hadn't known you
        were working with favorites until now.

        As long as I've used NoteTab and as advanced as I am with it, I've
        yet to utilize its favorites feature. So my favorites are
        blank/empty I would guess they might be kept in Ntab's ini file.

        To open particular files or sets of files, I've used alternate ini's,
        clips, drag and drop from windows explorer. There are so many
        different ways in which to handle a task in NoteTab. Not right or
        wrong, it's just that each of us works a little differently.

        I think I'll try out the favorites feature. I won't know until I try
        it.

        --
        Alan.
      • Christine
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3, 2002
          <whisper> Good God!
          I don't even use favorites - yet.
          Perhaps I ought to. I use NoteTab for about everything else!

          700?
          Oh man.

          C.

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 5, 2002
            Hi Christine, Paul, and Others,

            Many Favorites can slow done the speed of NoteTab, but if you are
            not having problems, go for it. 700 is way far over my 2 healthy
            brain cells to keep track of anyway. ;) I have about 10 in my
            one list and forget some are there.