Re: [NTB] Re: quick list hiccup!

  • paul
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2002
      thanx for your reply.

      found another solution which seems to do the trick: open up each .fvr file
      in notetab and use ctrl+r to amend the filepath.

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2002
        just to refine that solution a tad - i selected and dragged all 30 of my
        quick list .fvr files into notetab and then did a global search and replace,
        which made 700 filepath alterations in all.

        worked just dandy! :-)
      • acummingsus
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3, 2002
          Hi Paul,

          > quick list .fvr files into notetab and then did a global search and
          replace,
          > which made 700 filepath alterations in all.

          Very good! NoteTab can handle a lot.

          My reply centered around quick list disk files. I hadn't known you
          were working with favorites until now.

          As long as I've used NoteTab and as advanced as I am with it, I've
          yet to utilize its favorites feature. So my favorites are
          blank/empty I would guess they might be kept in Ntab's ini file.

          To open particular files or sets of files, I've used alternate ini's,
          clips, drag and drop from windows explorer. There are so many
          different ways in which to handle a task in NoteTab. Not right or
          wrong, it's just that each of us works a little differently.

          I think I'll try out the favorites feature. I won't know until I try
          it.

          --
          Alan.
        • Christine
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 3, 2002
            <whisper> Good God!
            I don't even use favorites - yet.
            Perhaps I ought to. I use NoteTab for about everything else!

            700?
            Oh man.

            C.

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 5, 2002
              Hi Christine, Paul, and Others,

              Many Favorites can slow done the speed of NoteTab, but if you are
              not having problems, go for it. 700 is way far over my 2 healthy
              brain cells to keep track of anyway. ;) I have about 10 in my
              one list and forget some are there.