Re: quick list hiccup!

  • acummingsus
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2002
      Hi Paul,

      > anyhoo, the back up quick lists have a different file path to the
      one i know
      > use. i've altered them in the past by locating the file containg
      the paths

      This file you speak of is the ini file its kept in where the
      NotePro.exe file is kept, in the NoteTab application directory. If
      you use NoteTab Pro its ini is NotePro.ini

      > and doing a simple find and replace. however, i can't seem to
      locate it now.
      > was that also deleted to during the reinstall?

      NoteTab will not work without an ini. If no ini file exists then
      NoteTab creates a new ini file when you open/launch NoteTab. Then,
      once you close NoteTab, then the ini file definitely should be there.

      is there any way i can create
      > a new file paths file?

      What you speak of is not its own file. But it is a SECTION that is
      within a larger file I already spoke about which is the ini file.

      If you are comfortable to edit the ini file directly then I do it by
      having NoteTab closed then I open NoteTab's ini file in Windows
      NotePad (note the P & the D).

      Taken from my ini file, as follows, the [DirectoryList] section is
      the pertinent section. (I've only 5 paths I don't use QL a whole lot)

      Note the filters at RH ea file path. *.* shows all files. *.txt
      only shows text files. *.htm would only show .htm extension html
      files. 5 paths, SpecsCount=5 6 paths, SpecsCount=5 9 paths,
      SpecsCount=9 etc., etc.

      FileBoxFilterId=9
      FileBoxExt=txt

      [DirectoryList]
      SpecsCount=5
      Specs_1="C:\PROGRAM FILES\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\*.*"
      Specs_2="C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Scripts\*.*"
      Specs_3="C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\*.*"
      Specs_4="C:\Perl\begperl\chap02\*.*"
      Specs_5="C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\*.txt"

      [AutoLoad]
      LoadFiles=24
      FileName_1=C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Documents\mylinks_gen.txt

      --
      Alan.
    • acummingsus
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2002