quick list hiccup!

  • paul
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2002
      [apologies for initially posting this to ntb-html]

      i've just reinstalled notetab pro (v. 4.90) as i was getting error messages
      every time i booted up - something about the tclipbook - plus an increasing
      number of crashes.

      no problem, except that the reinstallation appears to have erased my
      sizeable collection of quick lists, upon which i rely a great deal. i've
      been able to salvage the situation somewhat, as i made a back up copy a few
      months back but it's far from up to date. this has never happened during
      previous reinstalls. i thought customised settings were always left alone?

      anyhoo, the back up quick lists have a different file path to the one i know
      use. i've altered them in the past by locating the file containg the paths
      and doing a simple find and replace. however, i can't seem to locate it now.
      was that also deleted to during the reinstall? is there any way i can create
      a new file paths file?

      thanx in advance for any help!

      paul
    • acummingsus
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2002
        Hi Paul,

        > anyhoo, the back up quick lists have a different file path to the
        one i know
        > use. i've altered them in the past by locating the file containg
        the paths

        This file you speak of is the ini file its kept in where the
        NotePro.exe file is kept, in the NoteTab application directory. If
        you use NoteTab Pro its ini is NotePro.ini

        > and doing a simple find and replace. however, i can't seem to
        locate it now.
        > was that also deleted to during the reinstall?

        NoteTab will not work without an ini. If no ini file exists then
        NoteTab creates a new ini file when you open/launch NoteTab. Then,
        once you close NoteTab, then the ini file definitely should be there.

        is there any way i can create
        > a new file paths file?

        What you speak of is not its own file. But it is a SECTION that is
        within a larger file I already spoke about which is the ini file.

        If you are comfortable to edit the ini file directly then I do it by
        having NoteTab closed then I open NoteTab's ini file in Windows
        NotePad (note the P & the D).

        Taken from my ini file, as follows, the [DirectoryList] section is
        the pertinent section. (I've only 5 paths I don't use QL a whole lot)

        Note the filters at RH ea file path. *.* shows all files. *.txt
        only shows text files. *.htm would only show .htm extension html
        files. 5 paths, SpecsCount=5 6 paths, SpecsCount=5 9 paths,
        SpecsCount=9 etc., etc.

        FileBoxFilterId=9
        FileBoxExt=txt

        [DirectoryList]
        SpecsCount=5
        Specs_1="C:\PROGRAM FILES\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\*.*"
        Specs_2="C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Scripts\*.*"
        Specs_3="C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\*.*"
        Specs_4="C:\Perl\begperl\chap02\*.*"
        Specs_5="C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\*.txt"

        [AutoLoad]
        LoadFiles=24
        FileName_1=C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Documents\mylinks_gen.txt

        --
        Alan.
      • acummingsus
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 2002