Re: [NTB] NoteTab as a PIM?

  • roofman6
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 8, 2002
      Thanks Laurie,

      I purchased IntelliSync as soon as I got my CE device, and it does
      sync the address, ToDo, and Calendar sections of Lotus Organizer, and
      several other organizer programs, but it will not touch the Notepad
      sections, and here is where I have lived for the past 10 years. I
      love the automatic indexing of pages, the chapters and sections,
      etc. It's all so intuitive. I am now loving the "Outline" documents
      in NoteTab, for much the same reasons..., plus I can embed urls,
      etc. I would love to be able to link to individual email messages,
      but haven't figured that out yet, and am forced to copy and paste. I
      have notiece that my CE device will read the otl files if I rename
      them as txt files on my desktop. They read on the CE without the
      outlines, but they read... and I can continue to work on them as
      outline files on the desktop even though they are named txt files...
      I think I will have to settle for that. I think NoteTab could be
      pushed as an information manager type product, if they will get it to
      work on Palms and CE's, and it would truly be awesome.

      Thanks,
      Roofman

      --- In notetab@y..., "LaurieK" <ladyck3@e...> wrote:
      > I replied to Rooman in the NTO group but I guess no one saw it....
      here is
      > what I replied first thing this morning....
      >
      > Roofman, this is my area of expertise.... Windows CE... although I
      no longer
      > support the PocketPC products (much to my extreme saddness and
      something I
      > am unable to get into ....) I did support WindowsCE products from
      the day
      > they hit the market back in 1997...
      >
      > Unless Eric writes a program to sync OTL files it won't happen....
      and not
      > to dissuade you from NoteTab because God KNOWS... it is what keeps
      me
      > afloat.... but.. .to solve the delima you are having... check out
      Puma
      > Technology's "IntelliSync" (www.pumatech.com) their IntelliSync
      program
      > will sync your Lotus Organizer files with your Windows CE device...
      that's