Re: [NTB] Problem with viewing in IE the html files on network

  • David McIntosh
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 7, 2002
      Hi
      I have notetab on my main machine which is the server went to a second
      machine and opened up notetab from it , viewed a .htm and used internet
      explorer to open it and you correct , when it's a htm is opened in
      notetab it shows \\xxxxx\xxxxx\name.htm , when it is opened view in
      browser internet explorer does change it to http I think it might be an
      inexplore thing?? not sure.
      THANKYOU DAVE

      Magnificat wrote:

      > >what sort of network do you mean ,If I open up a *.htm file on my own
      > >small network I get \\xxxxx\xxxxx\name.htm
      >
      > Hi Dave!
      >
      > Thanks for your concern. it's just a small home network.
      >
      > example: file opened in NTP is:
      > \\sma\ENDC\eni_jes.htm
      > when I click on "View in browser" it opens Internet Explorer program, but
      > changes the address to:
      > http://sma/ENDC/eni_jes.htm
      > and gives error message: "The page cannot be displayed"
      > then if I replace manually each time in the address bar http:// to \\ it'll
      > display properly.
      >
      > While files opened locally in NTP view without problem in IE.
      >
      > Thanks again!
      >
      > Jan
      >
      > At 01:48 2002-07-07 +1000, you wrote:
      > >Hi
      > >what sort of network do you mean ,If I open up a *.htm file on my own
      > >small network I get \\xxxxx\xxxxx\name.htm
      > >
      > > THANKYOU DAVE
      > >
      > >Magnificat wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Using NoteTab 4.9 Pro on Windows 2000.
      > > > When I want to preview my *.htm files, it opens IE, but I'm working on
      > > > files on a local network, the browser adds http:// in front of the file
      > > > name, so then I cannot view the files. Each time, I must type
      > > > \\networkplace in front of the rest of the path to the file to see it. I
      > > > tried a few modifications in the View¦Options in NoteTab but it didn't
      > > > help. Do I have to change something in NTP or in IE ? or Win2000 ?
      > > > I do get around the problem by assigning a drive to the network path, but I
      > > > would like to get it working right altogether.
      > > >
      > > > Thanks for any help on this issue.
      > > >
      > > > Jan Lamoreaux
      > > >
      > > > http://www.magnificat.ca/

    • Magnificat
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 7, 2002
        I wonder if this is not a problem with the latest upgrade of NTP, because I
        have never had this problem before. I have been working with NT since a few
        years now.

        Jan

      • David McIntosh
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 8, 2002
          hi
          I checked it out again and I think you right if you use netscape there
          is no problem it works well , IE across the network AND the address was
          correct
          \\xxxxx\xxxxx\name.htm ,if you do the same thing via notetab and view
          in browser I actually get nothing except page can not be displayed and
          the address is changed to http://.
          maybe eric will see these email.????
          THANKYOU DAVE

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 9, 2002
            Hi David, Magnificat, and Others,

            I will pass on the information to Eric to make sure he reads this thread.