Re: [NTB] NoteTab as a PIM?

  • LaurieK
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 6, 2002
      I replied to Rooman in the NTO group but I guess no one saw it.... here is
      what I replied first thing this morning....

      Roofman, this is my area of expertise.... Windows CE... although I no longer
      support the PocketPC products (much to my extreme saddness and something I
      am unable to get into ....) I did support WindowsCE products from the day
      they hit the market back in 1997...

      Unless Eric writes a program to sync OTL files it won't happen.... and not
      to dissuade you from NoteTab because God KNOWS... it is what keeps me
      afloat.... but.. .to solve the delima you are having... check out Puma
      Technology's "IntelliSync" (www.pumatech.com) their IntelliSync program
      will sync your Lotus Organizer files with your Windows CE device... that's
      what its entire intent is.... It syncs data from PIM software other than MS
      Outlook... to a PocketPC or Handheld PC device.....

      Just trying to help.....

      Laurie
      PS.. .due to the nature of referring to another product, I did in good
      faith, attempt to take this to the NTO group...

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 8, 2002
        Thanks Laurie,

        I purchased IntelliSync as soon as I got my CE device, and it does
        sync the address, ToDo, and Calendar sections of Lotus Organizer, and
        several other organizer programs, but it will not touch the Notepad
        sections, and here is where I have lived for the past 10 years. I
        love the automatic indexing of pages, the chapters and sections,
        etc. It's all so intuitive. I am now loving the "Outline" documents
        in NoteTab, for much the same reasons..., plus I can embed urls,
        etc. I would love to be able to link to individual email messages,
        but haven't figured that out yet, and am forced to copy and paste. I
        have notiece that my CE device will read the otl files if I rename
        them as txt files on my desktop. They read on the CE without the
        outlines, but they read... and I can continue to work on them as
        outline files on the desktop even though they are named txt files...
        I think I will have to settle for that. I think NoteTab could be
        pushed as an information manager type product, if they will get it to
        work on Palms and CE's, and it would truly be awesome.

        Thanks,
        Roofman