Re: [NTB] Problem with viewing in IE the html files on network

  • Magnificat
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 6, 2002
      >what sort of network do you mean ,If I open up a *.htm file on my own
      >small network I get \\xxxxx\xxxxx\name.htm

      Hi Dave!

      Thanks for your concern. it's just a small home network.

      example: file opened in NTP is:
      \\sma\ENDC\eni_jes.htm
      when I click on "View in browser" it opens Internet Explorer program, but
      changes the address to:
      http://sma/ENDC/eni_jes.htm
      and gives error message: "The page cannot be displayed"
      then if I replace manually each time in the address bar http:// to \\ it'll
      display properly.

      While files opened locally in NTP view without problem in IE.

      Thanks again!

      Jan

      At 01:48 2002-07-07 +1000, you wrote:
      >Hi
      >what sort of network do you mean ,If I open up a *.htm file on my own
      >small network I get \\xxxxx\xxxxx\name.htm
      >
      > THANKYOU DAVE
      >
      >Magnificat wrote:
      > >
      > > Using NoteTab 4.9 Pro on Windows 2000.
      > > When I want to preview my *.htm files, it opens IE, but I'm working on
      > > files on a local network, the browser adds http:// in front of the file
      > > name, so then I cannot view the files. Each time, I must type
      > > \\networkplace in front of the rest of the path to the file to see it. I
      > > tried a few modifications in the View¦Options in NoteTab but it didn't
      > > help. Do I have to change something in NTP or in IE ? or Win2000 ?
      > > I do get around the problem by assigning a drive to the network path, but I
      > > would like to get it working right altogether.
      > >
      > > Thanks for any help on this issue.
      > >
      > > Jan Lamoreaux
      > >
      > > http://www.magnificat.ca/

    • David McIntosh
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 7, 2002
        Hi
        I have notetab on my main machine which is the server went to a second
        machine and opened up notetab from it , viewed a .htm and used internet
        explorer to open it and you correct , when it's a htm is opened in
        notetab it shows \\xxxxx\xxxxx\name.htm , when it is opened view in
        browser internet explorer does change it to http I think it might be an
        inexplore thing?? not sure.
        THANKYOU DAVE

        Magnificat wrote:

        > >what sort of network do you mean ,If I open up a *.htm file on my own
        > >small network I get \\xxxxx\xxxxx\name.htm
        >
        > Hi Dave!
        >
        > Thanks for your concern. it's just a small home network.
        >
        > example: file opened in NTP is:
        > \\sma\ENDC\eni_jes.htm
        > when I click on "View in browser" it opens Internet Explorer program, but
        > changes the address to:
        > http://sma/ENDC/eni_jes.htm
        > and gives error message: "The page cannot be displayed"
        > then if I replace manually each time in the address bar http:// to \\ it'll
        > display properly.
        >
        > While files opened locally in NTP view without problem in IE.
        >
        > Thanks again!
        >
        > Jan
        >
        > At 01:48 2002-07-07 +1000, you wrote:
        > >Hi
        > >what sort of network do you mean ,If I open up a *.htm file on my own
        > >small network I get \\xxxxx\xxxxx\name.htm
        > >
        > > THANKYOU DAVE
        > >
        > >Magnificat wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Using NoteTab 4.9 Pro on Windows 2000.
        > > > When I want to preview my *.htm files, it opens IE, but I'm working on
        > > > files on a local network, the browser adds http:// in front of the file
        > > > name, so then I cannot view the files. Each time, I must type
        > > > \\networkplace in front of the rest of the path to the file to see it. I
        > > > tried a few modifications in the View¦Options in NoteTab but it didn't
        > > > help. Do I have to change something in NTP or in IE ? or Win2000 ?
        > > > I do get around the problem by assigning a drive to the network path, but I
        > > > would like to get it working right altogether.
        > > >
        > > > Thanks for any help on this issue.
        > > >
        > > > Jan Lamoreaux
        > > >
        > > > http://www.magnificat.ca/

      • Magnificat
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 7, 2002
          I wonder if this is not a problem with the latest upgrade of NTP, because I
          have never had this problem before. I have been working with NT since a few
          years now.

          Jan

        • David McIntosh
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 8, 2002
            hi
            I checked it out again and I think you right if you use netscape there
            is no problem it works well , IE across the network AND the address was
            correct
            \\xxxxx\xxxxx\name.htm ,if you do the same thing via notetab and view
            in browser I actually get nothing except page can not be displayed and
            the address is changed to http://.
            maybe eric will see these email.????
            THANKYOU DAVE

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 9, 2002
              Hi David, Magnificat, and Others,

              I will pass on the information to Eric to make sure he reads this thread.