Re: [NTB] Problem with viewing in IE the html files on network

  • David McIntosh
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 6, 2002
      Hi
      what sort of network do you mean ,If I open up a *.htm file on my own
      small network I get \\xxxxx\xxxxx\name.htm

      THANKYOU DAVE

      Magnificat wrote:

      > Using NoteTab 4.9 Pro on Windows 2000.
      > When I want to preview my *.htm files, it opens IE, but I'm working on
      > files on a local network, the browser adds http:// in front of the file
      > name, so then I cannot view the files. Each time, I must type
      > \\networkplace in front of the rest of the path to the file to see it. I
      > tried a few modifications in the View¦Options in NoteTab but it didn't
      > help. Do I have to change something in NTP or in IE ? or Win2000 ?
      > I do get around the problem by assigning a drive to the network path, but I
      > would like to get it working right altogether.
      >
      > Thanks for any help on this issue.
      >
      > Jan Lamoreaux
      >
      > http://www.magnificat.ca/

    • Magnificat
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 6, 2002
        >what sort of network do you mean ,If I open up a *.htm file on my own
        >small network I get \\xxxxx\xxxxx\name.htm

        Hi Dave!

        Thanks for your concern. it's just a small home network.

        example: file opened in NTP is:
        \\sma\ENDC\eni_jes.htm
        when I click on "View in browser" it opens Internet Explorer program, but
        changes the address to:
        http://sma/ENDC/eni_jes.htm
        and gives error message: "The page cannot be displayed"
        then if I replace manually each time in the address bar http:// to \\ it'll
        display properly.

        While files opened locally in NTP view without problem in IE.

        Thanks again!

        Jan

        At 01:48 2002-07-07 +1000, you wrote:
        >Hi
        >what sort of network do you mean ,If I open up a *.htm file on my own
        >small network I get \\xxxxx\xxxxx\name.htm
        >
        > THANKYOU DAVE
        >
        >Magnificat wrote:
        > >
        > > Using NoteTab 4.9 Pro on Windows 2000.
        > > When I want to preview my *.htm files, it opens IE, but I'm working on
        > > files on a local network, the browser adds http:// in front of the file
        > > name, so then I cannot view the files. Each time, I must type
        > > \\networkplace in front of the rest of the path to the file to see it. I
        > > tried a few modifications in the View¦Options in NoteTab but it didn't
        > > help. Do I have to change something in NTP or in IE ? or Win2000 ?
        > > I do get around the problem by assigning a drive to the network path, but I
        > > would like to get it working right altogether.
        > >
        > > Thanks for any help on this issue.
        > >
        > > Jan Lamoreaux
        > >
        > > http://www.magnificat.ca/

      • David McIntosh
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 7, 2002
          Hi
          I have notetab on my main machine which is the server went to a second
          machine and opened up notetab from it , viewed a .htm and used internet
          explorer to open it and you correct , when it's a htm is opened in
          notetab it shows \\xxxxx\xxxxx\name.htm , when it is opened view in
          browser internet explorer does change it to http I think it might be an
          inexplore thing?? not sure.
          THANKYOU DAVE

          Magnificat wrote:

          > >what sort of network do you mean ,If I open up a *.htm file on my own
          > >small network I get \\xxxxx\xxxxx\name.htm
          >
          > Hi Dave!
          >
          > Thanks for your concern. it's just a small home network.
          >
          > example: file opened in NTP is:
          > \\sma\ENDC\eni_jes.htm
          > when I click on "View in browser" it opens Internet Explorer program, but
          > changes the address to:
          > http://sma/ENDC/eni_jes.htm
          > and gives error message: "The page cannot be displayed"
          > then if I replace manually each time in the address bar http:// to \\ it'll
          > display properly.
          >
          > While files opened locally in NTP view without problem in IE.
          >
          > Thanks again!
          >
          > Jan
          >
          > At 01:48 2002-07-07 +1000, you wrote:
          > >Hi
          > >what sort of network do you mean ,If I open up a *.htm file on my own
          > >small network I get \\xxxxx\xxxxx\name.htm
          > >
          > > THANKYOU DAVE
          > >
          > >Magnificat wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Using NoteTab 4.9 Pro on Windows 2000.
          > > > When I want to preview my *.htm files, it opens IE, but I'm working on
          > > > files on a local network, the browser adds http:// in front of the file
          > > > name, so then I cannot view the files. Each time, I must type
          > > > \\networkplace in front of the rest of the path to the file to see it. I
          > > > tried a few modifications in the View¦Options in NoteTab but it didn't
          > > > help. Do I have to change something in NTP or in IE ? or Win2000 ?
          > > > I do get around the problem by assigning a drive to the network path, but I
          > > > would like to get it working right altogether.
          > > >
          > > > Thanks for any help on this issue.
          > > >
          > > > Jan Lamoreaux
          > > >
          > > > http://www.magnificat.ca/

        • Magnificat
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 7, 2002
            I wonder if this is not a problem with the latest upgrade of NTP, because I
            have never had this problem before. I have been working with NT since a few
            years now.

            Jan

          • David McIntosh
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 8, 2002
              hi
              I checked it out again and I think you right if you use netscape there
              is no problem it works well , IE across the network AND the address was
              correct
              \\xxxxx\xxxxx\name.htm ,if you do the same thing via notetab and view
              in browser I actually get nothing except page can not be displayed and
              the address is changed to http://.
              maybe eric will see these email.????
              THANKYOU DAVE

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 9, 2002
                Hi David, Magnificat, and Others,

                I will pass on the information to Eric to make sure he reads this thread.