Re: Binary Files (was Re: [NTB] NTP 4.90)

    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 3, 2002
      Hi Ben,

      We went through a lot of stuff to try on this list not too long
      ago. You might want to search the archives at yahoo. Since this
      is a very isolated problem that does not concern the large
      majority of the list subscribers please write me at
      mailto:Jody@... or post on the NoteTab Next Release list.
      Please see my signature line to subscribe to it.

      Send the message with the steps you are taking to get the binary
      character such as does it happen are your save the file or does
      it open like that in files that have never been opened in NoteTab
      before? Is it only the last character at the end of the document
      or is it in other places as well? Does it harm anything when it
      is there? Is it a full folder directory with every file having
      the same character? Send what other information you think might
      help. You might have the case that some other editor or server
      is adding the binary code.

      Also send what version of NoteTab and Windows OS you are in. Thanks!

      >I am working on a network drive and NTP must not make backups (View -
      >> Options -> Files: Make Backup is unchecked) but the problem still
      >persists.

      Happy Test'n,
      Jody Adair

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
    • Wiles, Carolyn M
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 8, 2002
        My problems also occurred with the make backups unchecked (that is one of
        the first options that I change).

        I have not had a repeat of the binary characters being introduced outside of
        the actual file text since reverting back to Notetab Light Version 4.86c.

        I would really like to be able to use Notetab Pro. However, we have been
        instructed not to use
        NTP 4.90 because of this error.

        Thanks.

        Cara
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 9, 2002
          Hi Cara and Others,

          Until Eric has time to see and fix whatever the problem is with
          the binary character being added after the save is done in
          NoteTab, I suggest you run v4.86c until then. There is nothing
          more we can do on the list to help. Write me at jody@...
          if you have additional information about the problem or you need
          assistance in downloading and installing v4.86c. Please send
          your registration confirmation if you are a registered user. TIA