Re: Binary Files (was Re: [NTB] NTP 4.90)

    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 2, 2002
      Hi Ben,

      If you are on a Network drive, uncheck Make Backups under the
      File tab in Options.

      >I have got the same problem with null characters at the end of a NTP-
      >modified textfile.
      >
      >Is there any solution to this bug?
      >
      >Thanks in advance.
      >Ben

    • bk22001
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 2, 2002
        Hello Jody,

        I am working on a network drive and NTP must not make backups (View -
        > Options -> Files: Make Backup is unchecked) but the problem still
        persists.

        Any suggestions?

        Regards,
        Ben
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 3, 2002
          Hi Ben,

          We went through a lot of stuff to try on this list not too long
          ago. You might want to search the archives at yahoo. Since this
          is a very isolated problem that does not concern the large
          majority of the list subscribers please write me at
          mailto:Jody@... or post on the NoteTab Next Release list.
          Please see my signature line to subscribe to it.

          Send the message with the steps you are taking to get the binary
          character such as does it happen are your save the file or does
          it open like that in files that have never been opened in NoteTab
          before? Is it only the last character at the end of the document
          or is it in other places as well? Does it harm anything when it
          is there? Is it a full folder directory with every file having
          the same character? Send what other information you think might
          help. You might have the case that some other editor or server
          is adding the binary code.

          Also send what version of NoteTab and Windows OS you are in. Thanks!

          >I am working on a network drive and NTP must not make backups (View -
          >> Options -> Files: Make Backup is unchecked) but the problem still
          >persists.

          Happy Test'n,
          Jody Adair

          Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
        • Wiles, Carolyn M
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 8, 2002
            My problems also occurred with the make backups unchecked (that is one of
            the first options that I change).

            I have not had a repeat of the binary characters being introduced outside of
            the actual file text since reverting back to Notetab Light Version 4.86c.

            I would really like to be able to use Notetab Pro. However, we have been
            instructed not to use
            NTP 4.90 because of this error.

            Thanks.

            Cara
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 9, 2002
              Hi Cara and Others,

              Until Eric has time to see and fix whatever the problem is with
              the binary character being added after the save is done in
              NoteTab, I suggest you run v4.86c until then. There is nothing
              more we can do on the list to help. Write me at jody@...
              if you have additional information about the problem or you need
              assistance in downloading and installing v4.86c. Please send
              your registration confirmation if you are a registered user. TIA