Binary Files (was Re: [NTB] NTP 4.90)

  • bk22001
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 1 10:45 PM
      Hello.

      I have got the same problem with null characters at the end of a NTP-
      modified textfile.

      Is there any solution to this bug?

      Thanks in advance.
      Ben
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 2 12:28 AM
        Hi Ben,

        If you are on a Network drive, uncheck Make Backups under the
        File tab in Options.

        >I have got the same problem with null characters at the end of a NTP-
        >modified textfile.
        >
        >Is there any solution to this bug?
        >
        >Thanks in advance.
        >Ben

      • bk22001
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 2 1:33 AM
          Hello Jody,

          I am working on a network drive and NTP must not make backups (View -
          > Options -> Files: Make Backup is unchecked) but the problem still
          persists.

          Any suggestions?

          Regards,
          Ben
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 3 12:38 AM
            Hi Ben,

            We went through a lot of stuff to try on this list not too long
            ago. You might want to search the archives at yahoo. Since this
            is a very isolated problem that does not concern the large
            majority of the list subscribers please write me at
            mailto:Jody@... or post on the NoteTab Next Release list.
            Please see my signature line to subscribe to it.

            Send the message with the steps you are taking to get the binary
            character such as does it happen are your save the file or does
            it open like that in files that have never been opened in NoteTab
            before? Is it only the last character at the end of the document
            or is it in other places as well? Does it harm anything when it
            is there? Is it a full folder directory with every file having
            the same character? Send what other information you think might
            help. You might have the case that some other editor or server
            is adding the binary code.

            Also send what version of NoteTab and Windows OS you are in. Thanks!

            >I am working on a network drive and NTP must not make backups (View -
            >> Options -> Files: Make Backup is unchecked) but the problem still
            >persists.

            Happy Test'n,
            Jody Adair

            Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
          • Wiles, Carolyn M
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 8 6:45 AM
              My problems also occurred with the make backups unchecked (that is one of
              the first options that I change).

              I have not had a repeat of the binary characters being introduced outside of
              the actual file text since reverting back to Notetab Light Version 4.86c.

              I would really like to be able to use Notetab Pro. However, we have been
              instructed not to use
              NTP 4.90 because of this error.

              Thanks.

              Cara
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 9 6:07 PM
                Hi Cara and Others,

                Until Eric has time to see and fix whatever the problem is with
                the binary character being added after the save is done in
                NoteTab, I suggest you run v4.86c until then. There is nothing
                more we can do on the list to help. Write me at jody@...
                if you have additional information about the problem or you need
                assistance in downloading and installing v4.86c. Please send
                your registration confirmation if you are a registered user. TIA