Launch Document

  • phillips28124
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 27, 2002
      I have used Note Tab Pro for sometime. I have always been able to
      click on "Launch Document" and view the HTML document that I'm
      working on. Recently I downloaded HTML-Kit to try and I lost the
      ability to use Launch Document. I have uninstalled HTML-Kit, but I'm
      still unable to use this feature in Note Tab Pro. Would you please
      tell me how to get it back?

      Don Phillips
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 28, 2002
        Hi Don,

        >I have used Note Tab Pro for sometime. I have always been able to
        >click on "Launch Document" and view the HTML document that I'm
        >working on. Recently I downloaded HTML-Kit to try and I lost the
        >ability to use Launch Document. I have uninstalled HTML-Kit, but I'm
        >still unable to use this feature in Note Tab Pro. Would you please
        >tell me how to get it back?

        I was hoping that somebody might be able to help you. I have
        pretty much exhausted all my tricks in support eMail. I did
        think of one more thing, but a long shot. We tried the empty
        Custom Launch and E:\Edit-Sales.jwa amongst other things. Try
        doing an update to your ini file by ensuring that CustomLaunch=
        is blank and saving the file as follows.

        You may edit the INI file inside NoteTab. Simply save the file
        with an exclamation mark (!NotePro.ini or !NoteTab.ini) in front
        of it and restart NoteTab.

        Try the Launch Document from the Toolbar, Shortcut menu, Tools
        menu, and Ctrl+T to see if any of them work for you. Also, make
        sure you have the file types associated with a program.

      • Don Phillips
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 29, 2002
          Hi Jody,

          Tried saving a blank !NotePro.ini but that didn't work either. I'll probably download another copy today. Thanks for your trying to help.

          Don

          >I have used Note Tab Pro for sometime. I have always been able to
          >click on "Launch Document" and view the HTML document that I'm
          >working on. Recently I downloaded HTML-Kit to try and I lost the
          >ability to use Launch Document. I have uninstalled HTML-Kit, but I'm
          >still unable to use this feature in Note Tab Pro. Would you please
          >tell me how to get it back?

          I was hoping that somebody might be able to help you. I have
          pretty much exhausted all my tricks in support eMail. I did
          think of one more thing, but a long shot. We tried the empty
          Custom Launch and E:\Edit-Sales.jwa amongst other things. Try
          doing an update to your ini file by ensuring that CustomLaunch=
          is blank and saving the file as follows.

          You may edit the INI file inside NoteTab. Simply save the file
          with an exclamation mark (!NotePro.ini or !NoteTab.ini) in front
          of it and restart NoteTab.

          Try the Launch Document from the Toolbar, Shortcut menu, Tools
          menu, and Ctrl+T to see if any of them work for you. Also, make
          sure you have the file types associated with a program.

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Eric G.V. Fookes
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 29, 2002
            Hi Don,

            >I have used Note Tab Pro for sometime. I have always been able to
            >click on "Launch Document" and view the HTML document that I'm
            >working on. Recently I downloaded HTML-Kit to try and I lost the
            >ability to use Launch Document. I have uninstalled HTML-Kit, but I'm
            >still unable to use this feature in Note Tab Pro. Would you please
            >tell me how to get it back?

            I suspect HTML-KIT did not restore your file associations when you
            uninstalled it. You might want to see if your text files are associated to
            NoteTab by opening the Options dialog box and clicking on the Associations tab.

            Regards,
            Eric G.V. Fookes

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 29, 2002
              Hi Don,

              > Tried saving a blank !NotePro.ini...

              You missed my last sentence which I forgot to mention earlier.

              "Also, make sure you have the file types associated with a program."

              It does not have to be NoteTab, they just need an association. Sorry
              for mentioning that so late; been busy and replied too fast.