Explorer won't open

  • Harvey Segal
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 10, 2002
      This problem always seems to occur when NoteTab
      runs so I think it may be the culprit.

      In my taskbar at the bottom of the screen
      if I click on Explorer it refuses to open.
      It is similar to the case where you have
      the NoteTab stay-on-top option set but this
      is not the case here.

      What I then have to do is right click
      on Explorer and restore.

      Versions used:
      NoteTab Pro 4.9
      Explorer (Windows 98)

      Harvey Segal
    • Eric G.V. Fookes
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 10, 2002
        Hello Harvey,

        >This problem always seems to occur when NoteTab
        >runs so I think it may be the culprit.
        >
        >In my taskbar at the bottom of the screen
        >if I click on Explorer it refuses to open.
        >It is similar to the case where you have
        >the NoteTab stay-on-top option set but this
        >is not the case here.
        >
        >What I then have to do is right click
        >on Explorer and restore.

        I don't think it's faulty code in NoteTab causing this problem. It's more
        likely that you're low on system resources. I've experienced similar
        problems with other software under Win98 when resources were low (and
        NoteTab was not running).

        Regards,
        Eric G.V. Fookes

      • Harvey Segal
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 10, 2002
          Hi Eric,

          >I don't think it's faulty code in NoteTab causing
          >this problem.

          Well it's strange that whenever it happens I
          notice NoteTab sitting there with a very guilty
          look on it's face.

          But come to think of it - I have NoteTab running
          ALL THE TIME, I can't live without it.

          I'll check system resources next time it happens.

          Thanks
          Harvey