Newbie Questions

  • Barb Wagner
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 5, 2002
      Hi I have just downloaded the notetab light program. I do not know where I
      am suppose to make my folder for it. Do I unzip it to my regular C drive or
      do I unzip it to the program file?? I am wanting to use it to edit my html
      scripts. Could someone please tell me how I am suppose to set it up ? Is
      there a tut I can use to show me how to use it for the html scripts??
      Thanks so very much!! It looks like it is a very neat program. :) Sure
      would love to know how to use it. LOL!! Thanks again for any help. :)
      Barb ~

    • Ben Barnet
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 6, 2002
        Barb Wagner wrote:

        > Hi I have just downloaded the notetab light program. I do not know where I
        > am suppose to make my folder for it. Do I unzip it to my regular C drive or
        > do I unzip it to the program file??

        "Just extract the Setup.exe file from the .zip package and execute it."

        You can extract this file to any location you wish and delete it when
        the install is finished. The setup program will suggest a location to
        install the NoteTab program (usually "C:\Program Files\NoteTab Light")
        which you can accept or change as you like.

        If you are using WinZip to open the .zip file there should be an option
        to Install under the Actions menu, this is convenient as it will delete
        the temporary files for you when it is finished.

        > I am wanting to use it to edit my html scripts. Could someone please
        > tell me how I am suppose to set it up ? Is there a tut I can use to
        > show me how to use it for the html scripts??

        There are plenty of resources available, including some helpful
        documents included with the program. Once you are comfortable with the
        basics of NoteTab you might want to subscribe to the HTML List for
        specific help on using NoteTab to create and edit HTML documents.

        HTH
        Ben
      • Barb Wagner
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 6, 2002
          Thanks Ben for your help!! I have put it in C Drive. I try to see if I can
          work it now. LOL!! :) Barb ~