Can't "view source" in IE6 on Win98

  • Steve Pilgrim
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2002
      For some reason I cannot view source
      with IE6 on Win98. I've got NoteTab Pro 4.86c/np.
      Neither Notepad nor Notetab will launch when
      I attempt to view source. Thanks in advance,
      Steve
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 4, 2002
        Hi Steve,

        Hopefully somebody will have a magic fix for you. (Make sure the
        web page is not running a script that prevents viewing source.
        Try a known site that does like www.notetab.com.

        I am probably not much help, but look in Internet Options |
        Programs and see if you have anything listed in HTML Editor. If
        nobody else has any suggestions I would reload the defaults from
        the same tab. First make sure you have Help | Replace MS Notepad
        checked in NoteTab. If you do reset the defaults in IE, first
        click on Restore MS Notepad in NoteTab. Lastly, I would
        reinstall IE and then NoteTab. (I do not know the exact registry
        location off hand for you to check that.) One other thing and a
        long shot, since it probably doesn't amount to a hill of beans as
        far as the problem goes, would be to put "htm" and "html" w/o the
        quotes in NoteTab's Options under HTML Files.

        >For some reason I cannot view source with IE6 on Win98. I've got
        >NoteTab Pro 4.86c/np. Neither Notepad nor Notetab will launch
        >when I attempt to view source. Thanks in advance,
        >Steve

      • John Galvin
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 4, 2002
          Hello Steve,

          http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers2.htm#view_source

          --
          Best regards,
          John mailto:john_galvin@...
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 4, 2002
            Hi Steve,

            >For some reason I cannot view source
            >with IE6 on Win98. I've got NoteTab Pro 4.86c/np.
            >Neither Notepad nor Notetab will launch when
            >I attempt to view source. Thanks in advance,

            It could be something to do with your registry settings. Have you activated
            the "Add IE Default HTML Editor" Clip under the "NoteTab Shortcuts" section
            in the Utilities Clipbook library?

            Regards,
            Eric G.V. Fookes