Re: [NTB] About integration of perl (php) variables in clips...

    Message 1 of 12 , May 23, 2002
      Hi Günter,

      I don't perl, but perhaps the following will help.
      Check out the Utilities Library under Scripts: Perl Script.
      Search for ^!perl in Help | Help on Clipbook programming.
      You'd be much better off signing up for the Clips list to
      get help for perl. Please see my signature line to subscribe to
      it. You can subscribe to my NoteTab, MailBag Assistant, and
      Album Express discussion mailing lists:

      Please do not post Clip questions or advanced user questions
      such as RegExp, Perl, Gawk, etc. on the Basic list.

      >is there any possibility to integrate perl/php "variable"
      >characters ($) in Notetab Clips in a way, that Notetab doesn´t
      >assume they´re meant as clip-variables? I just tried it once to
      >build a clip containing non-clip variables -- as you can guess,
      >NT didn´t like them too much:-)

      Happy Clip'n!

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
    • Jason Waugh
      Message 2 of 12 , May 23, 2002
        Hi cube4711,

        c> Of course, Rich's suggestion is absolutely correct . . . as long as
        c> you're editing with WordWrap turned off (which I rarely do).

        I can't for the life of me understand why you would ever want to
        program with Word Wrap turned on!? I would suggest you turn it off...
        then you can do as Rich or Eric suggested (select a block, use
        tab/shift-tab or ctrl-i/shift-ctrl-i)

        You said you wanted to be able to do this because "It would just make
        my life a lot easier" - turn your word wrap OFF when coding, *that*
        will make your life easier, IMHO for a good many reasons that are
        beyond the scope of this NTB list.

        Jason Waugh
      • Nicholas Kormanik
        Message 3 of 12 , May 23, 2002
          Is it possible, using NoteTab, to select a vertical section of a text
          file --- let's say, 9 characters wide --- and down, say, 70 lines ---
          starting right about in the middle of your screen --- and cut that
          section out?

          If so, how?

          Thanks,
          Nicholas

          c> Of course, Rich's suggestion is absolutely correct . . . as long as
          c> you're editing with WordWrap turned off (which I rarely do).

          I can't for the life of me understand why you would ever want to program
          with Word Wrap turned on!? I would suggest you turn it off... then you
          can do as Rich or Eric suggested (select a block, use tab/shift-tab or
          ctrl-i/shift-ctrl-i)

          You said you wanted to be able to do this because "It would just make my
          life a lot easier" - turn your word wrap OFF when coding, *that* will
          make your life easier, IMHO for a good many reasons that are beyond the
          scope of this NTB list.

          Jason Waugh

          Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/