Page Numbering

  • Harry G
    Message 1 of 5 , May 15, 2002
      Is there any way to get the TOTAL number of pages to print in the footer
      along with the page number (i.e. Page 1 of 5) in NoteTab itself or do I
      need to get one of the add-on print programs?

    • Harry G
      Message 2 of 5 , May 17, 2002
        Just joined the list and sent this the other day but not sure it was
        received, so I am sending it again. I apologize if it's a duplicate.

        Thanks!

        Message 3 of 5 , May 17, 2002
          Hi Harry,

          >Is there any way to get the TOTAL number of pages to print in the
          >footer along with the page number (i.e. Page 1 of 5) in NoteTab
          >itself or do I need to get one of the add-on print programs?

          No, you cannot do that with NoteTab as is. I suggest TxtPrint10,
          a freeware printing utility. Check out NoteTab's Clipbook
          Repository: http://www.notetab.com/libraries.htm under Utilities
          I believe for a Library that Eric Fookes made for it.

        • HarryG2000
          Message 4 of 5 , May 18, 2002
            Thanks, Jody! I will give TxtPrint10 a try and look in the
            Clipbook Repository.

            - Harry
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 3, 2002
              Hi Harry and jlray,

              >Is there any way to get the TOTAL number of pages to print in the
              >footer along with the page number (i.e. Page 1 of 5) in NoteTab
              >itself or do I need to get one of the add-on print programs?

              No, not at this time. You might try out a freeware printing
              utility that actually adds quite a few more printing options. If
              you need to discuss TxtPrint mentioned below, please sign up for
              the NoteTab Off Topic list. Please see my signature line to
              subscribe to it. TIA

              You can download the Library that Eric Fookes made which has a link
              to the small TxtPrint utility (both links are below) in it which
              will give you print preview, page n of pages n and allow you to
              print selections of text instead of the whole document. It has a
              number of other small nice to have features too.

              You need to have a compression utility to unzip the zip files. Ask
              me if you do not know what that is. Install TxtPrint10, the
              software, wherever you would like. Install the .clb file Eric made
              to the NoteTab Libraries folder. It will show up on the Libraries
              Bar at the bottom of NoteTab. Click on it to activate the Library.

              Clipbook Library - goes in Libraries folder:
              http://www.notetab.com/clipbooks/txtprint.zip
              TxtPrint10 - Install wherever you want:
              http://www.notetab.com/ftp/txtprinten10.zip

              You can put the printing Clip on your default Clipbar if you
              wish. For more information about the Clipbar in registered
              versions of NoteTab and some basic Clip information please read
              the following web page. http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.htm.
              Also, you can go into Windows Explorer (or My Computer) and right
              click over TxtPrint.clb and then check Properties. Click on Hidden
              and that will hide the Library off the Libraries Bar. You can still
              access it from the Clipbook's combo box, the small upper window
              which is above the Clip items in all Libraries. Please see Help |
              NoteTab's Glossary for terms you might be unfamiliar with.

              Happy Topics,
              Jody

              The NoteTab Off-Topic List