RE: [NTB] upgrading

    Message 1 of 4 , May 9, 2002
      Hi Nicholas,

      >Will the new Pro allow for variable-width fonts (such as Arial)?
      >I a registered Standard user. I went with Standard because it
      >allowed for the use of variable-width fonts.

      Pro will not support variable width fonts in the document edit
      window until it is released as version 5. Currently, it is only
      the document edit window that does not support variable width
      fonts. The Find/Replace dialogs, Clipbook, Information boxes
      (Clips), Quick List, and printing areas support variable width
      fonts. We do not have an estimated time of release for v5, but
      it is being worked on.

      For those that might not understand this you can click on Help |
      NoteTab Glossary | Font and some of the hyperlinks in it.

      From Frequently Asked Questions:

      NoteTab Pro: where have all my fonts gone?
      Unlike NoteTab Std, NoteTab Pro cannot use variable-width fonts.
      It therefore limits your choice of fonts to those that are fixed-
      width. This design is imposed by the input control used in
      NoteTab Pro. The benefits are better performance and a choice of
      commands/configuration options that are not available in NoteTab
      Std.