RE: [NTB] upgrading

  • Nicholas Kormanik
    Message 1 of 4 , May 9, 2002
      Will the new Pro allow for variable-width fonts (such as Arial)? I a
      registered Standard user. I went with Standard because it allowed for
      the use of variable-width fonts.

      Nicholas

      Message 2 of 4 , May 9, 2002
        Hi Nicholas,

        >Will the new Pro allow for variable-width fonts (such as Arial)?
        >I a registered Standard user. I went with Standard because it
        >allowed for the use of variable-width fonts.

        Pro will not support variable width fonts in the document edit
        window until it is released as version 5. Currently, it is only
        the document edit window that does not support variable width
        fonts. The Find/Replace dialogs, Clipbook, Information boxes
        (Clips), Quick List, and printing areas support variable width
        fonts. We do not have an estimated time of release for v5, but
        it is being worked on.

        For those that might not understand this you can click on Help |
        NoteTab Glossary | Font and some of the hyperlinks in it.

        From Frequently Asked Questions:

        NoteTab Pro: where have all my fonts gone?
        Unlike NoteTab Std, NoteTab Pro cannot use variable-width fonts.
        It therefore limits your choice of fonts to those that are fixed-
        width. This design is imposed by the input control used in
        NoteTab Pro. The benefits are better performance and a choice of
        commands/configuration options that are not available in NoteTab
        Std.