Re: [NTB] upgrading

    Message 1 of 4 , May 9, 2002
      Hi David,

      >I was using NoteTab Light v-4.6 Freeware. I purchased the
      >CD=NoteTab Pro v-4.86c/np and installed it on my system. Should
      >I delete the Freeware? If so=How ? And, will I lose all the
      >great little notes I have attached to my files? Many Thanks..Dave

      You do not have to uninstall Light unless you want to. Some
      people hold keep it installed for a few of the features it has
      that Pro does not have. If you do uninstall, the files that
      *you* made will not be removed with the uninstall. All the files
      that came with NoteTab will be removed.

      If you like you can install Pro right into the same folder as
      Light. If you do so, first rename the uninstall.exe to something
      like light-uninstall.exe, so that Pro will not overwrite it
      during install.

      The "fool proof" method is install Pro into its own folder
      leaving Light installed until you are sure you have everything
      you need transferred to your Pro folders.

    • Nicholas Kormanik
      Message 2 of 4 , May 9, 2002
        Will the new Pro allow for variable-width fonts (such as Arial)? I a
        registered Standard user. I went with Standard because it allowed for
        the use of variable-width fonts.

        Nicholas

        >I was using NoteTab Light v-4.6 Freeware. I purchased the CD=NoteTab
        >Pro v-4.86c/np and installed it on my system. Should I delete the
        >Freeware? If so=How ? And, will I lose all the great little notes I
        >have attached to my files? Many Thanks..Dave

        You do not have to uninstall Light unless you want to. Some people hold
        keep it installed for a few of the features it has that Pro does not
        have. If you do uninstall, the files that
        *you* made will not be removed with the uninstall. All the files that
        came with NoteTab will be removed.

        If you like you can install Pro right into the same folder as Light. If
        you do so, first rename the uninstall.exe to something like
        light-uninstall.exe, so that Pro will not overwrite it during install.

        The "fool proof" method is install Pro into its own folder leaving Light
        installed until you are sure you have everything you need transferred to
        your Pro folders.

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        Message 3 of 4 , May 9, 2002
          Hi Nicholas,

          >Will the new Pro allow for variable-width fonts (such as Arial)?
          >I a registered Standard user. I went with Standard because it
          >allowed for the use of variable-width fonts.

          Pro will not support variable width fonts in the document edit
          window until it is released as version 5. Currently, it is only
          the document edit window that does not support variable width
          fonts. The Find/Replace dialogs, Clipbook, Information boxes
          (Clips), Quick List, and printing areas support variable width
          fonts. We do not have an estimated time of release for v5, but
          it is being worked on.

          For those that might not understand this you can click on Help |
          NoteTab Glossary | Font and some of the hyperlinks in it.

          From Frequently Asked Questions:

          NoteTab Pro: where have all my fonts gone?
          Unlike NoteTab Std, NoteTab Pro cannot use variable-width fonts.
          It therefore limits your choice of fonts to those that are fixed-
          width. This design is imposed by the input control used in
          NoteTab Pro. The benefits are better performance and a choice of
          commands/configuration options that are not available in NoteTab
          Std.