Re: [NTB] Easy file management in NoteTab Pro

  • Dan Doernberg
    Message 1 of 5 , May 5, 2002
      > At 02:19 AM 5/4/2002, you wrote:
      > >I work daily on multiple projects, editing text files. Each project
      > >has a file structure that goes pretty deep (usually 6 levels or
      > >more). I'd like an easy way of getting to specific directories so I
      > >don't have to click so much in the Open File dialog box.

      Finally, I may actually be able to help someone else on this
      list! :->

      I save tons of time using a macro package (in my case, As-U-Type
      from www.fanix.com/, cheap but not freeware). For example, a
      directory:

      c:\dan\example\sample\test\demo\ejemplo.txt

      can be invoked with a simple keystroke combo I define for
      myself, e.g. /ej ..... and the demo subdirectory can be /dem ,
      etc. (the leading slashes are just my own convention).

      The solutions others provided should work too, of course.

      PS--- I mainly love As-U-Type for fixing typos, but this macro
      capability is a major plus!

      Dan Doernberg
      dan@...
      President, Fairness.com LLC
      http://www.fairness.com/
      "Life isn't Fair... but we're working on it."